Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

CYBER ORANGE ALL SET TO HEIGHTEN EXHILARATION: ICONIC MUSTANG COLOR NOW OFFERED FOR 2021 MUSTANG MACH-E GT
JUN 10, 2020 | DEARBORN, MICH.

2021 Mustang Mach-E GT Cyber Orange

DEARBORN, Mich., June 10, 2020 – What’s in a color? When it comes to orange, one of the most popular colors for Ford Mustang, a lot.

Ford is introducing Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-Coat for Mustang Mach-E GT – a bold, eye-catching premium exterior color designed by the company’s color and materials experts for those who want to turn heads twice.

“Mustang has always turned heads and Mustang Mach-E will be no exception.” said Dave Pericak, director, Ford Icons. “We can’t wait for Cyber Orange to hit the streets on Mustang Mach-E GT next year to fuel the passion of our orange Mustang fans.”

Cyber Orange and Dark Matter Gray join the list of colors for Mustang Mach-E GT with deliveries starting in late summer 2021. Mustang Mach-E GT is also available in Rapid Red Metallic Tinted Clearcoat, Star White Metallic Tri-Coat, Grabber Blue, Shadow Black, Iconic Silver and Space White.

“Cyber Orange says ‘look at me’,” said Janet Seymour, Mustang and Mustang Mach-E color & materials design manager. “There’s a certain passion in Mustang customers who really want to show off their Mustang – especially those that look to make a bold statement.”

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think this is going to be a popular color for Ford. I don't think it will beat Grabber Blue but it really suits the Mach-E.

Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Cyber Orange
Ford Mustang Mach-E GT Cyber Orange

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First hint at what Cyber Orange may look like (other than rendered nighttime CG). This was spied on a Bronco mule:

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ummm, I’m not color blind, but all i see is Camouflage, and a taxicab yellow door...
Sorry. Some folks had posted it elsewhere stating it was orange. It looked awfully yellow to me too.

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
I believe the 80's Mustang generation was the inspiration for this color option.

View attachment 1592
I had that very same year, and color. Got it for $200. Non functional. All that was needed was a new solenoid and manual-transmission shifter linkage adjustment. Plus maintenance from sitting around unused for three years.
I loved the color, although i got some flack from my crew.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Unfortunately it means waiting another year. I'm already getting antsy and thinking about also looking into the new RAV4 prime.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Unfortunately it means waiting another year. I'm already getting antsy and thinking about also looking into the new RAV4 prime.
I thought you had a FE res but were changing to either Premium, CA Rt 1, or Select in order to get some California rebates? From what we know so far, Premium will start rolling out to customers at the end of this year, CA Rt 1 and Select sometime early next year.

The RAV4 Prime looks sweet, too. For myself, I decided my next car won't use gas. So that narrows down the options quite a bit.

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
I thought you had a FE res but were changing to either Premium, CA Rt 1, or Select in order to get some California rebates? From what we know so far, Premium will start rolling out to customers at the end of this year, CA Rt 1 and Select sometime early next year.

The RAV4 Prime looks sweet, too. For myself, I decided my next car won't use gas. So that narrows down the options quite a bit.
That was always the schedule since the beginning.
FE then Premium Q4 this year, followed by Select and CR1 Q1 2021, then GT for Q2.
The only customer delays for delivery are in Europe. What’s confusing the issue is the reporting earlier this year that Ford may be producing all the models except for the GT to ensure all 50 states received Mach E deliveries this year. That may no longer be accurate (if it ever was) for obvious reasons.
The major delay experienced is in the ordering process. No one likes to wait, including me. However, when considering the difficult challenges surrounding COVID-19 and worker safety, its actually fairly impressive that the delays haven’t been much worse.

·
Registered
65 Posts

I have a first edition in red reserved but since I've never seen it in person nothing is set in stone until the car is in my garage. I would like an orange one but I'm ready for a new car and already put plans on hold to buy one last year. I like the cool technology of an electric car although there's always a worry about having to plan out a route for charging if on a trip so I am not opposed to checking out hybrids. I almost bought a Kia optima hybrid in 2013 until I realized how much it was going to cost. I'm doing much better financially with money saved up in the bank so that is not as much of a consideration although the RAV4 prime will also qualify for federal rebates. I could get the top of the line and still spend less money than the Mach E. I think with all these EV cars coming out it's going to be hard to fully commit to just one of them right now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah I hear ya... I've been wanting to replace my car for several years now. Waiting "just one more year" for the Mach-E has been difficult but I'm hanging in there. :)

Not sure if you've also checked out the Hyundai Kona EV? Since you're in California, that's another option that you might have.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yeah I hear ya... I've been wanting to replace my car for several years now. Waiting "just one more year" for the Mach-E has been difficult but I'm hanging in there. :)

Not sure if you've also checked out the Hyundai Kona EV? Since you're in California, that's another option that you might have.
I want something with more space which is why the Mach E was appealing and why the Rav4 prime is now on my radar. With all the bells and whistles it would be $12,000 cheaper than the Mach E and qualifies for the full federal tax credit. :unsure:

I know things are crazy with Covid-19 but I wish Ford would communicate better.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I want something with more space which is why the Mach E was appealing and why the Rav4 prime is now on my radar. With all the bells and whistles it would be $12,000 cheaper than the Mach E and qualifies for the full federal tax credit. :unsure:

I know things are crazy with Covid-19 but I wish Ford would communicate better.
It's been surprising with how Ford has been dealing with customer communication. With what I've seen in the news recently they seem to be more focused on the new Bronco and F-150.

·
Super Moderator
728 Posts
It's been surprising with how Ford has been dealing with customer communication. With what I've seen in the news recently they seem to be more focused on the new Bronco and F-150.
Mustang Mach E info should be coming next week. Fingers crossed.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts