Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Not on initial release. Some of this functionality may come via OTA update.

Remember too that the Mach-E cameras are aimed more towards the roadway and less so towards adjacent cars. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons why Teslas don't offer 360 overhead views for parking.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Not on initial release. Some of this functionality may come via OTA update.

Remember too that the Mach-E cameras are aimed more towards the roadway and less so towards adjacent cars. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons why Teslas don't offer 360 overhead views for parking.
This is a problem that Ford is going to face. Jim Farley does not tweet exciting tech like Elon does, kinda hard to know if he is really serious or enthusiastic about what I'm going to be invested in.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
This is a problem that Ford is going to face. Jim Farley does not tweet exciting tech like Elon does, kinda hard to know if he is really serious or enthusiastic about what I'm going to be invested in.
Hopefully, that will change in 2021.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
This should provide the same functionality as Tesla’s Sentry mode.

“Motion detector and impact sensor trigger the camera to record when in Parking Surveillance Mode – camera provides an alert at next power-up letting you know an incident occurred “
This is a ThinkWare kit, which is really good. I think it is the FA200 by its feature list.
It would be nice if the internal cameras had the same capability built-in, but this is a good alternative.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,240 Posts
We have heard from an inside source this will be an OTA update in 2021.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To my knowledge the MME does not have an SD card slot or a USB connector for storing recorded video. So if there's a dashcam function, how will the video be stored?

·
Registered
448 Posts
To my knowledge the MME does not have an SD card slot or a USB connector for storing recorded video. So if there's a dashcam function, how will the video be stored?
There are four USB ports. There might also be an OBD-II port although this isn't verified yet.

·
Registered
365 Posts
@MachDrive noted that Ford‘s accessory is a Thinkware product and that has a MicroSD card spot with up to 128GB capacity.

·
Super Moderator
2,705 Posts
Cloud solution, Maybe?

As far as USB ports, the specs list four. I readily see those , two by the wireless phone charge-pad, and two in the back seat area, at the rear of the center console.

However, the manual say something different. See if anyone can interpret this:

From the MMe manual

LOCATING THE USB PORTS

USB A
Missing Image

USB C
Missing Image

Data Transfer USB Ports
Missing Image

The USB ports are in the following locations:
  • On the lower instrument panel.
  • Inside the media bin.
  • Inside the center console.
Note: These USB ports can also charge devices.
Note: Not all USB ports in your vehicle have data transfer capabilities.
Note: We recommend using only USB-IF certified cables and adapters. Non-certified cables and adapters may not work.
Charge Only USB Ports
Missing Image

• Inside the media bin below the instrument panel.
  • On the rear of the center console.
  • In the cargo area.
(end)

This looks like seven USB ports. This is one of those wtf moments that hurt my brain.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Cloud solution, Maybe?

As far as USB ports, the specs list four. I readily see those , two by the wireless phone charge-pad, and two in the back seat area, at the rear of the center console.

However, the manual say something different. See if anyone can interpret this:

From the MMe manual

LOCATING THE USB PORTS

USB A
Missing Image

USB C
Missing Image

Data Transfer USB Ports
Missing Image

• On the lower instrument panel.
  • Inside the media bin.
Note: These USB ports can also charge devices.
Note: Not all USB ports in your vehicle have data transfer capabilities.
Note: We recommend using only USB-IF certified cables and adapters. Non-certified cables and adapters may not work.
Charge Only USB Ports
Missing Image

• Inside the media bin below the instrument panel.
  • On the rear of the center console.
  • In the cargo area.
(end)

This looks like seven USB ports. This is one of those wtf moments that hurt my brain.
I think it is just a copy/paste error.

I don't recall seeing any additional ports beyond the first four you mentioned. I'll be pleasantly surprised if there's one hidden in or nearby the glove box. I'm not expecting it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts