Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else heard about this? Seems crazy to me. I have not yet ordered but I have been assuming the MSRP pricing all along. See link to article below.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
Since no one in the US has placed an actual order yet, i don’t know how much validity exists in these reports.

That said, Absolutely no one should pay above MSRP. And everyone that encounters this should complain to Ford directly.

while i am willing to support Ford and help make its EV endeavor a success, i am not willing to be extorted by dealerships trying to sabotage the Electric revolution.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Has anyone else heard about this? Seems crazy to me. I have not yet ordered but I have been assuming the MSRP pricing all along. See link to article below.

This is a common practice for popular or low volume cars at US dealerships. The dealer buys from the manufacturer at invoice and then is free to charge whatever for the vehicle. The MSRP is just a suggested price. The thing to do right now is call the dealers in your area and ask if they are going to add an ADM (Additional Dealer Markup). If you find one that is not get it in writing and buy from them.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Since no one in the US has placed an actual order yet, i don’t know how much validity exists in these reports.

That said, Absolutely no one should pay above MSRP. And everyone that encounters this should complain to Ford directly.

while i am willing to support Ford and help make its EV endeavor a success, i am not willing to be extorted by dealerships trying to sabotage the Electric revolution.
Agree, but anyone who agrees to ADM (and certainly ADM of that magnitude) is naive. So easy to switch dealers, even with this new ordering process, why would anyone agree to that?? Find a new dealer, get them to commit in writing that no ADM, and move to that dealer. Do this BEFORE placing order.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Complaining to Ford will do nothing at all. This has been going on forever. My dealer had a 20K markup on a Shelby GT350 last year. No telling how much extra for a Shelby GT 500 now!

·
Registered
211 Posts
This is a bit disturbing:

Electrek reached out to Ford about the issue, but the automaker said that it’s up to the customers and dealers to agree on a price:
“Ford shares recommended pricing for all vehicles with dealers and customers. Ultimately, customers and dealers will agree to the final pricing.”
Elon must be laughing his a$$ off...

·
Registered
1 Posts
As long as people pay ADM the dealers will continue to charge it. The GT500 is bringing $25K-$50K over and they're sold before they even hit the lot. I can see the majority of dealers sticking to MSRP and dealers with little to no allocation attempting to gouge...this is usually what happens. If Ford even offers A,Z or X it'll be very very close to MSRP and most dealers will exclude this vehicle from these programs anyway. Your best bet will be have a little more patience and wait the extra year, it won't take long for dealers (especially east coast dealers) to start blowing these things out to keep up with their market share.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
994 Posts

It was reported by a member of the Mach E Forum, who was quite concerned and immediately began searching for a new dealer:
https://www. mach e forum .com/site/threads/mach-e-adm-pricing-shenanigans-begin…-don’t-stand-for-it.844/
(remove the spaces)

·
Registered
774 Posts
This is a bit disturbing:

Electrek reached out to Ford about the issue, but the automaker said that it’s up to the customers and dealers to agree on a price:

Elon must be laughing his a$$ off...
Ford needs to give a better response than that. That's ridiculous. If my dealer tries that I'm going to another one. It's not worth the time dealing with that garbage.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Ford needs to give a better response than that. That's ridiculous. If my dealer tries that I'm going to another one. It's not worth the time dealing with that garbage.
Nothing Ford can do about it. The cars are sold to the dealer not the customers. It's up to us as consumers to stop dealing with dealerships with ADMs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tesla charged ADM, don't you see?

The P100DL that is selling for under $99k now sold as a RWD P85 for $140k and then AWD P100DL for near $150k.

Now sells for under 100k for the top-end Model S with everything that the older near $150k models cost.

·
Registered
994 Posts

The P100DL that is selling for under $99k now sold as a RWD P85 for $140k and then AWD P100DL for near $150k.

Now sells for under 100k for the top-end Model S with everything that the older near $150k models cost.
Naw. That was an AEM (Additional Elon Markup). Not the same at all ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Nothing Ford can do about it. The cars are sold to the dealer not the customers. It's up to us as consumers to stop dealing with dealerships with ADMs.
No car I've purchased/leased I've wanted badly enough that I wasn't willing to walk away from the deal. Mach E is no different. If my dealership even remotely suggests that they have the upper hand on the deal, I'm done. There are other options.

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts

Not the same at all.

The stated price of the old Model S is what it was. Manufacturing costs went down over time, and Tesla decided to reduce its profit margin to keep the S competitive with other top luxury brand offerings coming to market in the near future.
The MMe has a list price too. Any ADM above that is not part of the vehicle cost, its just dealership greed. There is already a dealer holdback, which is the equivalent of 3 to 5% of the dealer invoice. This is the ‘commission’ Ford pays the dealer for the sale. So thats about $1500-2500 per $50k invoice. The dealer gets even more bonus funds for meeting its monthly sales commitments.
On cars with invoice below MSRP, the dealer can sell between the invoice and MSRP, and whatever the additional cash above the invoice goes to the dealer too.
Why price gouge?

·
Super Moderator
1,201 Posts
Conspiracy theory: Tesla stalker-fans caused a markup rumor just to try to make their deity Elon’s competition fail?
things that make you go, hmmmm?
(PS - This is not a serious post, everyone)

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
701 Posts
Like everyone else here, I will not pay ADM and expect my dealer to honor X-Plan pricing. I have a text to that effect but before I confirm my order I will get X-Plan pricing confirmed in writing.

I have a confirmed reservation on the First Edition which is $60,000 less Federal and NY State credits net cost about $50,000.

The Tesla Model X, not the performance but the AWD long range is $52,000. The MachE is direct competition to the Model Y - not the other way around.

For the First Edition, anything above MSRP makes it more, not less expensive than the Model Y, so I cannot imagine paying a penny more than MSRP less X-Plan pricing.

Just my $.02!

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
755 Posts
I believe that the Electrek story was a hype. I checked three dealers and the ADM is not in their vocabulary for reserved cars. If someone cancels and the dealer" buys" the car they may charge additional for the privilege of not having to wait the build period

·
Registered
994 Posts
The $15K ADM was a single dealer in the San Diego area who has now lost a customer.
The few other dealers asking more than a few $100 ADM have either lost customers or changed their story. They don’t understand the power of the internet. I do expect there will be a few unconnected suckers who continue with such dealers blindly and attempted dealer screwing will take place upon delivery. It will be ugly.

Do you due diligence. Make sure now your dealer won’t charge ADM and will take X-plan. If not. Find another dealer from the list.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts