Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just heard from one of my dealer contacts and he's saying his dealership has their Mach-E schedule to start production on November 8th.

No word on how long it will take to complete production, but I have to think they won't have their demo car until December.

He says he has yet to receive any build dates for customer cars. Currently he has 27 signed Mach-E orders.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,130 Posts
Interesting. We've heard from folks in Cuautitlan that demo units will be built starting in late September. That's before customer units production starts 26 October.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
932 Posts
Interesting. We've heard from folks in Cuautitlan that demo units will be built starting in late September. That's before customer units production starts 26 October.
I can be a little slow on the details but weren't we supposed to hear something today from Ford regarding production?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I can be a little slow on the details but weren't we supposed to hear something today from Ford regarding production?
Official word per the July 3 FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), here's the production timetable for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
  • 06/22/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/20/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/26/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date
We've since heard from @trutolife27's contact in Cuautitlan that FCTP (dealer demos) start production September 28.

So something is supposed to happen today but not that we will necessarily hear anything today.

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
932 Posts
Official word per the July 3 FDNB (Fleet Distribution News Bulletin), here's the production timetable for the 2021 Mustang Mach-E.
  • 06/22/2020 - 2021MY Order Bank Open Date
  • 08/20/2020 - 2021MY Scheduling Begins
  • 10/26/2020 - 2021MY Job #1 Date
We've since heard from @trutolife27's contact in Cuautitlan that FCTP (dealer demos) start production September 28.

So something is supposed to happen today but not that we will necessarily hear anything today.
Thanks, maybe I was a bit overenthusiastic having 08/20 2020 tattooed on y forehead as a reminder

·
Registered
Currently Tesla Model 3. Ordered MME Premium in White
9 Posts
Got a call today(message) from my dealer that said my car had been scheduled.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did they say when?
No, it was a voice message from the dealer and I didn't have time to call back before they closed. Just said that Ford picked up my MME and scheduled and that I would see it soon. Mine is a Premium in white. I'll call tomorrow or Monday for more detail and let you know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Also let the dealer know I might be trading in my Model 3. He got pretty excited. The used car market is HOT. They can't get inventory. :)

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
That sounds like a real schedule and is valuable information. What was your reservation number?

Clearly this means they are scheduling for the First Editions to be finished by then.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That sounds like a real schedule and is valuable information. What was your reservation number?

Clearly this means they are scheduling for the First Editions to be finished by then.

My reservation was in the low 5000 range. I'm an early adopter. Still have my original iPhone I bought on the first day of release. LOL.

I wouldn't bet on all the first cars coming off the line will be First Editions. That's a marketing package more than a set in stone declaration.

·
Super Moderator
1,436 Posts
My reservation was in the low 5000 range. I'm an early adopter. Still have my original iPhone I bought on the first day of release. LOL.

I wouldn't bet on all the first cars coming off the line will be First Editions. That's a marketing package more than a set in stone declaration.
The Fist editions are scheduled for October builds, according to ChasingCoral’s inside man.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts