Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what to do in this situation - Reservation was until Dec 2020 (enough time to hold out to see how things play out with the first few Mach E's, Covid, maybe even a drive test). I spoke to the dealer regarding what the finance would be like but they didn't have any news yet but never spoke about actually ordering the mach e. Look at my status today based on an email I received and vehicle order has been placed. Do I still have dibs on vehicle until dec 2020 or is that out the window?

Received refund from ford - no deposit to dealer since we never discussed anything or went over any details....Anyone have this issue?

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
I'm curious as to what to do in this situation - Reservation was until Dec 2020 (enough time to hold out to see how things play out with the first few Mach E's, Covid, maybe even a drive test). I spoke to the dealer regarding what the finance would be like but they didn't have any news yet but never spoke about actually ordering the mach e. Look at my status today based on an email I received and vehicle order has been placed. Do I still have dibs on vehicle until dec 2020 or is that out the window?

Received refund from ford - no deposit to dealer since we never discussed anything or went over any details....Anyone have this issue?
Wow, that is weird. Did the dealer process your reservation instead of someone else’s?
Does the dealer selling price match the MSRP, or did they mark it up? Hopefully, nothing unscrupulous is going on here and it was an honest mistake.
I would definitely follow up with the dealership again to find out what is going on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, that is weird. Did the dealer process your reservation instead of someone else’s?
Does the dealer selling price match the MSRP, or did they mark it up? Hopefully, nothing unscrupulous is going on here and it was an honest mistake.
I would definitely follow up with the dealership again to find out what is going on.
I am calling tomorrow to get clarification on what happened. I have no idea, I only know what was on the website for the premium (54K) - I have no information from them since they had no details regarding financing yet. I was supposed to receive a call about it, but nope, ordered instead. My worry is they wanted a mach e right away on the lot and my reservation will become the test car?

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
The dealer will get a FCTP vehicle for test, they do not use customer ordered cars for test drives.

i just think they had no clue how to use the WBDO system to differentiate a existing reservation from a pending order, or they mixed yours up with someone else who ordered one.

PS - i have no clue what FCTP or WBDO stands for, i just know thats what they are called.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
726 Posts
I think you are a winner: No deposit like the rest of us: When the car comes in, after test driving and you like it, it is yours.

If you do not or the price is not to your liking you walk away!

I wish I had your situation!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,009 Posts
The dealer will get a FCTP vehicle for test, they do not use customer ordered cars for test drives.

i just think they had no clue how to use the WBDO system to differentiate a existing reservation from a pending order, or they mixed yours up with someone else who ordered one.

PS - i have no clue what FCTP or WBDO stands for, i just know thats what they are called.
FCTP
What is the Ford Courtesy Transportation Program?

The Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP) is a service that has been offered by our dealership for several years. The service provides customers with a Ford car, truck, or SUV while their personal vehicle is in service.

WBDO
Web-Based Dealer Ordering

·
Registered
140 Posts

What's the problem? You got your reservation deposit back and no deposit to order the car! Test vehicles should be at dealers before deliveries start. You don't like it, walk away nothing lost.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
75 Posts
What's the problem? You got your reservation deposit back and no deposit to order the car! Test vehicles should be at dealers before deliveries start. You don't like it, walk away nothing lost.
Yes but if it was really an error, he will end up having no order and no car build for him.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yes but if it was really an error, he will end up having no order and no car build for him.
It's only an error if they call the dealer and tell them which they have stated they plan to do. I hope corner26 reads this thread before calling the dealer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Have not called yet - Few issues concerns I had were below:

1. I did not get the opportunity to make any changes during the order process, I believe that was part of it, if I decided I wanted a different color etc.
2. It's not with my time-frame. I had until Dec 2020 (enough time to test drive) and give it some thought if I wanted it or not.
3. Now my reservation is lost and when that car comes, I will have at most 1 chance to say Yes/No. I doubt it will sit at the dealer for an extended period of time for me.

Sure I didn't have to pay a deposit, but that deposit kind of locks the car into being mine until I state otherwise.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Have not called yet - Few issues concerns I had were below:

1. I did not get the opportunity to make any changes during the order process, I believe that was part of it, if I decided I wanted a different color etc.
2. It's not with my time-frame. I had until Dec 2020 (enough time to test drive) and give it some thought if I wanted it or not.
3. Now my reservation is lost and when that car comes, I will have at most 1 chance to say Yes/No. I doubt it will sit at the dealer for an extended period of time for me.

Sure I didn't have to pay a deposit, but that deposit kind of locks the car into being mine until I state otherwise.
This is either an honest dealer mistake, or a dealer scumbag move.

I would definitely be in contact w/ the dealer and the Ford helpline to resolve this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seems to be honest mistake when talking to them. MSRP matches the website and they seem to have the power to put the order on hold if I decide that is the direction I want to go. So, looks like they just made the decision to get me ahead in queue and work out the kinks moving forward. Not ideal but guess we'll go with the flow.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am in similar situation - I want to test drive before converting my order but I just received an email stating my order was confirmed. My deposit was also refunded. I plan to talk to dealer today to clarify.

·
Registered
50 Posts
From my understanding the dealer can process the order and if you decide not to want it they’ll still refund you. With now they have the car to sell on the lot

·
Registered
236 Posts
From my understanding the dealer can process the order and if you decide not to want it they’ll still refund you. With now they have the car to sell on the lot
Yes. You don't have to take the car. You may lose the deposit, that's a per-dealer thing.

The big problem is that it's now very difficult to change anything about the car if you wanted to.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To clarify how I understood my conversation with the dealer. Obviously they assumed I would want the vehicle ASAP and in my case it was Mach E premium standard range AWD blue. The only variations is ER or Red. I was told I can put the order on hold or make the change as long as ford hasn't started building the vehicle (which I should see that update in the portal). Hopefully I am able to test drive the vehicle and go over financing prior to Ford starting the build.

The dealer is in a win/win. They sell a Mach E to you or they advertise a Mach E being available online. The price is the same and the PR is slightly better on you walking away. Trust your gut, stick with what you built. I wanted to wait until last minute for kinks to be worked out on other builds, but as time passed I'm just praying that the Lease option will be $500 monthly(0 down) and not more(this would be ideal).

its.swamy - I image the dealer did not take the $500 from you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
One consideration for taking early possession instead of waiting for December to complete order is the availability of the $7500 tax credit. As of now, my understanding is you must complete the purchase (not just order) by Dec 31, unless Congress extends the tax credit beyond 2020. Can anyone else confirm this?

·
Registered
10 Posts
One consideration for taking early possession instead of waiting for December to complete order is the availability of the $7500 tax credit. As of now, my understanding is you must complete the purchase (not just order) by Dec 31, unless Congress extends the tax credit beyond 2020. Can anyone else confirm this?
There’s no set date for when electric vehicle tax credit will expire. It depends on when the manufacture sells 200,000 qualifying vehicles.

·
Registered
372 Posts
... availability of the $7500 tax credit. As of now, my understanding is you must complete the purchase (not just order) by Dec 31, unless Congress extends the tax credit beyond 2020.
The up to 30% credit for the installation/cost of an EVSE is set to expire at the end of this year.

·
Registered
62 Posts
There’s no set date for when electric vehicle tax credit will expire. It depends on when the manufacture sells 200,000 qualifying vehicles.
and even at the point that the mfr reaches 200,000, the credit continues for several quarters after that (at reducing %'s).

1 - 20 of 26 Posts