Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts
Just received the following email:

"We are excited to let you know your 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition has been scheduled for production. Your vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of December 7 2020. "

I assume with the Christmas/New Year's holidays, trucking to Long Island, that means delivery mid January 2020.

My order number is XXXX5870

Reservation date November 17, 2019

Order date July 2, 2020

So it would seem that from post #1 the build date for a Premium is November 30 a week before my build date and 3 weeks before the build date of post #2, also a First Edition, December 21.

Based on these build dates, Premiums and First Editions will be arriving at about the same time.

Perhaps the builds are by color and not model?

For those of us expecting the First Editions to have them before the other models this may be a disappointment, especially considering the $3,600 extra cost of the First Edition vs. the Premium LR AWD.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a notice mine will be built the week of Dec 14th which is great to see. Does anyone know how soon they ship after the build and how long for delivery? I am in CA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My dealer spoke to their Ford rep about my order. With a build date the week of 12/21, he said mine should be available for delivery by the first week of February. That being said, we also thought that the dealership would have them available for sale in December...so we'll see. :cautious:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone that has a Select model got an e-mail? From what I read from everyone, this seem to be the last one built, right?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Dec 28, 2019
This is the first production date received that I've seen for a reservation date after my own that wasn't an FE.
Adding more mystery to this production date system.
I also have a star white, but Premium ER RWD. Reserved on Nov 28, ordered on June 28.

Does anyone think it's possible that the rollout of production dates by Ford is being botched like every other communication by Ford about the Mach e? Some orders are getting into the official system and notified, while other cars are scheduled for production but not getting into the system and buyers/dealers not being notified?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts
This is the first production date received that I've seen for a reservation date after my own that wasn't an FE.
Adding more mystery to this production date system.
I also have a star white, but Premium ER RWD. Reserved on Nov 28, ordered on June 28.

Does anyone think it's possible that the rollout of production dates by Ford is being botched like every other communication by Ford about the Mach e? Some buyers into the official system and notified, while other cars are scheduled for production but not getting into the system and buyers/dealers not being notified?
Whatever happens here is one thing that seems certain:

The "First Editions" will not actually be first MME off the production line - only one of the first - together with Premium and Select.

Worse yet, some MME that are not "First Editions" will be in dealers hands and delivered before the "First Editions"!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts