Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who seriously considered a Model Y and why did you end up going with the Mach-E in the end?

·
Registered
94 Posts
1. Interior instrumentation / display -- styling is a total non-starter for me.
2.Exterior appearance / styling is also a complete non-starter for me.
3. Nearest Tesla Service Center is more than 600 mile round trip for me here in SD.
Nearest Ford Dealer Service Center is 3 miles

Was not a difficult decision for me --- have a First Edition --- Grabber Blue reserved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still debating, but more leaning to Mach E, for the style, fit& finish, b&o audio, extra display. Hopefully Ford will delivery decent battery technology with new sync 4 as promised! Already reserve one in Canada!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Still debating, but more leaning to Mach E, for the style, fit& finish, b&o audio, extra display. Hopefully Ford will delivery decent battery technology with new sync 4 as promised! Already reserve one in Canada!
I also like the fact there is a display is on the driver's panel. If I could afford a model X I would have that at the top of my list but I don't like the gullwing doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also like the fact there is a display is on the driver's panel. If I could afford a model X I would have that at the top of my list but I don't like the gullwing doors.
Same here, Tesla should offer a normal door version with 10k off MSRP.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good stuff. And welcome to the forum @van88

·
Registered
24 Posts
I like the Model Y, but would choose the Mach-E because of several reasons:
1. I know Tesla is far advanced in their EV tech, but I trust Ford more for reliability. I also think the Mach-E is the first real threat to a Tesla from a legacy auto maker.
2. I think the Mach-E is a better value. Not ONLY because of the incentives still available, but as an overall in my opinion.
3. I don’t have a “distance” issue for a Tesla service center, but I hear horror stories and I see the place. They have cars parked on the grass along the road and in neighboring parking lots. Sometimes they even park them at the mall where a Tesla store is located because they don’t have space. I know I can trust the 8 Ford dealerships within my area.

·
Registered
37 Posts
at first i was going for the model Y but I prefer the looks of the Mach E.

My (most) lease company doesn’t offer model Y yet and the cheapest model Y offerd by Tesla is the long-range witch is € 8 k above my Mach -E AWD / SR. I don’t rely need the long-range.

besides that i trust Ford that they a capable of creating a very good car. Maybe Ford is a bit behind Tesla, but they will catch up soon.

But i hope they can deliver this year or i pay more income tax next 5 years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Still trying to decide. The $7,500 tax credit is a big deal pushing me towards the E. The Tesla Super Charging Network and charging speed are the biggest advantages for the Y.

I work with two Tesla Model S owners who have been fine with the service they have received. I own two Fords, a 2015 C-Max Hybrid (120,000 miles) and a 2016 FFE (64,000 miles). The C-Max has been very good, the Focus has needed a $3,000 repair. The Ford service has been good. I want to see final MPGe and range numbers before making a decision. I also want to drive both. Spending that much money without a long test drive scares me.

Bottom line, I want the cheapest EV that will replace both of my cars and allow me to drive from NC to NJ (480 miles) without costing me more than 15 minutes in additional travel time.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
75 Posts
I was considering the model 3 since it's the same price, but ending up reserving the MME because of the interior and mostly because it force me to wait 2 years with my 2012 focus and hopefully save me some money. Just hope it won't disappear with rust before than...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Styling was a major factor for me to choose the Mach-E. The Supercharger network was one of the Model Y's draws, but I'm less concerned now because there are Electrify America stations opening in my area.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I haven't finally decided, yet. I suspect the Model Y is a better EV and doesn't have the burden of the Mustang tag. But, the EV forums are replete with videos of Tesla's being harassed by the "Rolling Coal" types. Will the Mach-E suffer the same harassment? Will Tesla's suffer less once the Cybertruck is on the road? I'm going to sit out a decision for a year and let my reservation lapse. By then, both Ford and Tesla's tax credit elligibility will be gone (or both will have been extended) and it'll be a level playing field.

·
Registered
2006 Mazda RX-8
87 Posts
I work for a Ford dealer, so no I didn't consider anything else.
Sorry if you posted about this, but how is your dealership doing getting up to speed on the Mach E? How many customers have registered designating your dealership? How has your dealership connected with those customers? Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Tesla service center distance is the primary factor. I wouldn't buy a car that I couldn't get serviced in the town I live in. About 250 miles to the nearest Tesla service center.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
I haven't finally decided, yet. I suspect the Model Y is a better EV and doesn't have the burden of the Mustang tag. But, the EV forums are replete with videos of Tesla's being harassed by the "Rolling Coal" types. Will the Mach-E suffer the same harassment? Will Tesla's suffer less once the Cybertruck is on the road? I'm going to sit out a decision for a year and let my reservation lapse. By then, both Ford and Tesla's tax credit elligibility will be gone (or both will have been extended) and it'll be a level playing field.
  • What is the “burden” you are referring to? Mustang is one if the most loved vehicles in history.
  • Harassment? Unfortunately, that is a common occurrence on roads no matter what car you drive. There was a period of time when SUVs were being vandalized because they were gas-guzzlers. It is not exclusively against EVs.
  • why do you have to wait for the tax credit to lapse to help you make a decision? you will be waiting until sometime in 2022 for Fords to fully phase out.
Not to belittle your concerns, but they sound more like excuses.
I think the MMe will be a well-built, fun EV. And you must have liked the MMe enough to put a reservation in. But, as with any large purchase, you should never feel as if you are settling for something. If you do, you will never be happy with it.
Do you think a test drive would help remove your doubts? or will it take more than that?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Mach-E reservation 1001916. I am considering a Model Y. I am waiting for a chance to see and drive a Y to add to my limited EV experience. My reasons for considering the Y are battery technology and auto pilot technology. I plan to own my first EV for more than ten years. Tesla has been slow to reveal all the dimensions of the Y which means a hands on experience will be needed.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts