Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm still open to the Mach-E. I posted more extensively in another thread. The Mach-E with the Federal credit and NJ rebate, is within about $2,000 of the Model Y in AWD long range and no extras, insignificant in making the choice. While it is a good looking car, I'm entertained by Ford's choice to give the Mach-E a regular SUV profile, but use black paint to make it appear to have the sportback profile of a Model Y started by the Model X. The oversized front end of the Mach-E gives it that "Mustang" look, but it's a waste of weight and aerodynamics compared to the Model Y front end.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Will not the MME have a similar high center console?

Let us know what you think after driving the MME. I have driven both the Model S and 3 and they are fun.

I intend to drive both the Model Y and the MME and then make my decision - plus the Audi Q4eTron.
I found my leg rubbing against the center console in the MY. I found it uncomfortable, but I’m not as tall as some you the folks on this forum so I have to move a bit closer. I will see how the look and feel of the MMe is this Monday.

The MY center console rises as as it connects to the dash, as if there was a traditional transmission hump. The MMe does not, it just has the phone charging tray. Picture examples below:

Reactions: JTK44

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
685 Posts
I found my leg rubbing against the center console in the MY. I found it uncomfortable, but I’m not as tall as some you the folks on this forum so I have to move a bit closer. I will see how the look and feel of the MMe is this Monday.

The MY center console rises as as it connects to the dash, as if there was a traditional transmission hump. The MMe does not, it just has the phone charging tray. Picture examples below:

View attachment 2694
View attachment 2696
Got it, but maybe position of the tablet is a bit of "nit picking?"

I too am 6'2" so I will have to see how the center console affects my right leg.

Good Pictures!

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
I'm still open to the Mach-E. I posted more extensively in another thread. The Mach-E with the Federal credit and NJ rebate, is within about $2,000 of the Model Y in AWD long range and no extras, insignificant in making the choice. While it is a good looking car, I'm entertained by Ford's choice to give the Mach-E a regular SUV profile, but use black paint to make it appear to have the sportback profile of a Model Y started by the Model X. The oversized front end of the Mach-E gives it that "Mustang" look, but it's a waste of weight and aerodynamics compared to the Model Y front end.
The model 3/Y are slippery buggers, with a drag coefficient of just 0.23.

The MMe numbers are not yet released. All that was said is it is “under 0.30”.

I will sacrifice a little efficiency for style. Just not too much sacrifice.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Got it, but maybe position of the tablet is a bit of "nit picking?"

I too am 6'2" so I will have to see how the center console affects my right leg.

Good Pictures!
I have a LCD monitor on my desk at work rotated to the portrait position, so I’m kind used to it.

The Model Y is from a Motor Trend photo galleries. The lower picture was not credited, i don’t remember its source. Apologies.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Just curious who seriously considered a Model Y and why did you end up going with the Mach-E in the end?
I did consider a Model Y. I chose the Mach E for several reasons:
-Better style
-Ford dealer network
-Happy w many Ford vehicles I’ve owned
-Model Y quality issues

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
122 Posts
For the pictures online, it looks like the MME console is level with the seat. This is good from a comfort point of view.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts