Ford Mustang Mach-E -- News & Community Group, Join ... banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I’m new here so I might have missed this discussion (couldn’t find it in the list).
I’m about to order my Mach any day now at my dealer in The Netherlands. Thing is I can’t decide between AWD (standard range) and RWD (standard range). For me personally the styling is very important. But if the there’s no difference in styling between the two versions I’m gonna go with the cheaper version. Unless the AWD has a nicer (more aggressive) styling like meaner diffusers front and back and nicer side skirts. But according to the dealer the only difference are the wheels (which I’m changing anyway) and the red brakes and the headlights. If that’s the only styling difference I’m going with the cheaper version and put nice wheels on it. But if the styling of the AWD is much nicer I’m gonna go with that one. In the leaflets there’s no visible difference in styling between the two (in the pics) but in the text it says there’s an ST-line package on the AWD and not on the RWD. But it looks exactly the same apart from the wheels... please help me out. Thx guys!!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welcome!
The big difference is not so much in style, but in function. Do you need All-wheel drive or can you live with Rear wheel drive? I wouldn’t get hung-up on the piano black trims. Im sure someone will come up with aftermarket wheel-well and rocker trim replacements. It is the way of all things Mustang.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome!
The big difference is not so much in style, but in function. Do you need All-wheel drive or can you live with Rear wheel drive? I wouldn’t get hung-up on the piano black trims. Im sure someone will come up with aftermarket wheel-well and rocker trim replacements. It is the way of all things Mustang.
Thanks for your reply. I’m aware of the differences between AWD and RWD in terms of function. Here in The Netherlands it hasn’t snowed in three years or so and there’s tarmac everywhere so I dont really need AWD. But if the exterior styling of the AWD is much nicer I might still go with that one. You mention the trims. I got a reply regarding that in another thread. It seems the only differences between the RWD and the AWD in terms of visuals are:
  • red brakes
  • front light units
  • finishing of the trims (matte vs. piano gloss)
  • the 18” vs. the 19” wheels (which I’m changing anyway)
So not enough reason for me to spend the extra 10K on the AWD :)

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
103 Posts
At least in the US, the red brake calipers are only found on the First Edition and GT.

·
Registered
48 Posts
It also doesn't help that we don't have the final specs yet.
I mean, we know the AWD will accelerate faster, but exactly by how much, we don't know. All we have is "low six" to "mid five", or even worse, "< 8,0 seconds" to "< 7,0 seconds" in Europe!

I also don't need AWD (in terms of driving/handling) but I want the extra performance. How big will the difference be though and will it be worth 7K? Who knows...

And I'm not hopeful we'll know anything more concrete by the time we have to finalize the order.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I’m also thinking that the ‘normal’ driving mode may accelerate slower than listed on the website because they are trying to maximize the EPA range. The ‘unbridled’ will most likely be close to the performance estimates while taking a hit in range.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I mean, we know the AWD will accelerate faster, but exactly by how much, we don't know. All we have is "low six" to "mid five", or even worse, "< 8,0 seconds" to "< 7,0 seconds" in Europe!

I also don't need AWD (in terms of driving/handling) but I want the extra performance. How big will the difference be though and will it be worth 7K? Who knows...

And I'm not hopeful we'll know anything more concrete by the time we have to finalize the order.
I hope Ford, like some automakers, are reporting numbers that are lower than what people will actually experience.

Its VERY possible.

If not, at least 'tunes' could help unlock some extra performance.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Does anyone know if there is speciifc reason why European accelerations are quoted very much slower than US.
Is this a real thing - i.e. software throttled or smaller motor? or just some extra conservative specs that were pushed into the European marketing spiel?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Does anyone know if there is speciifc reason why European accelerations are quoted very much slower than US.
Is this a real thing - i.e. software throttled or smaller motor? or just some extra conservative specs that were pushed into the European marketing spiel?
I'm assuming it's just Ford being more conservative, plus the difference between US (and UK's, I guess) 0-60 mph to EU's 0-100 kmh.
There's always a small difference there, for example the I-pace has a 0-60 of 4.5s and a 0-100 of 4.8s.
So, if "mid 5" 0-60 is really 5.8s and this translates to a 0-100 of 6.1s, they want to be OK with what they had promised.

Still sounds overly conservative though. However I can't see any reason/logic behind EU vehicles having worse performance (not talking about minuscule differences due to different tuning). All specs are the same (engine power etc.) so I don't know how that would be even possible.

If that's not the case though, it will be a huge bummer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi there,
I’m new here so I might have missed this discussion (couldn’t find it in the list).
I’m about to order my Mach any day now at my dealer in The Netherlands. Thing is I can’t decide between AWD (standard range) and RWD (standard range). For me personally the styling is very important. But if the there’s no difference in styling between the two versions I’m gonna go with the cheaper version. Unless the AWD has a nicer (more aggressive) styling like meaner diffusers front and back and nicer side skirts. But according to the dealer the only difference are the wheels (which I’m changing anyway) and the red brakes and the headlights. If that’s the only styling difference I’m going with the cheaper version and put nice wheels on it. But if the styling of the AWD is much nicer I’m gonna go with that one. In the leaflets there’s no visible difference in styling between the two (in the pics) but in the text it says there’s an ST-line package on the AWD and not on the RWD. But it looks exactly the same apart from the wheels... please help me out. Thx guys!!
Hi Thomas,

I don't know if it's important to drive the Mustang this year (is it a lease?) but all reservations for NL are full which I've heard/red on forum Tweakers. Somebody tried to order one last week but the Lease company said that all reservations are full. There are only 750 Mustang Mach E's coming to the Netherlands (unless Ford NL can get more which they are trying).

And indeed I was also looking at options to visual upgrade the Mustang Mach E :). I will also upgrade to the same wheels as the AWD (no price yet available) and maybe wrap the skirts if I don't like the matte. I have reserved a black one (RWD, 75KWH with Technology Package) in the beginning of december.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts