Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to covid19 work from home situation, my family easily got by with one vehicle. It allowed me to wait for Model-Y and Mach-e release and got an opportunity to test drive both. Finally it boiled down to "ride comfort" , as the roads in my city are not great to say the least and I choose Mach-e.
Based on vaccine situation the companies are now asking employees to come back to office and I need a ride sooner than I thought.
Searched around (all over the state, called about 10 dealers every day) and found couple of Mach-e's (premium awd ext)
option1: The first vehicle already spent 4 months at the dealership with 2k miles,, and the dealer is not ready to accept x-plan or give any rebate for 2k miles.
option2: The 2nd one is with 2k miles but I need to wait for little over a month to complete mandatory 4months. This dealer is ready to honor x-plan but no additional discount for 2k miles.
Option3: place an order for new Mach-e and wait for upto 6months for it.
Option4: order model-y ( not my fav)

I am deciding to go w/option2, take a hit for 2k miles and have a car in hand and move on.
My question to fellow Mach-e enthusiasts is, are there any other options that I am missing. Ideas welcome.

Registered
Option 5: Expand your search radius and look for a MME you want at multiple dealerships across nearby counties/cities...

Registered
For me, Options 3 and 4 are immediately out, which leaves two choices.

Option 1 pros: You get the car immediately with 2K miles. You know the condition of the car.
Option 1 cons: It's a loaner with no discount.

Option 2 pros: You get a discount.
Option 2 cons: You have to wait a month. After another month, how many more miles will be on it? Will there be any damage or wear that is not present now?

I don't like not getting a discount for purchasing a loaner. A third option is to take Option 2 and keep looking for a new one on dealer lots during the next month.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Option 5: Expand your search radius and look for a MME you want at multiple dealerships across nearby counties/cities...
@Diogenes: Thanks for your reply. My search is already across the entire state and already called few dealers in nearby state as well. The option1 is already 150Miles away from me.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For me, Options 3 and 4 are immediately out, which leaves two choices.

Option 1 pros: You get the car immediately with 2K miles. You know the condition of the car.
Option 1 cons: It's a loaner with no discount.

Option 2 pros: You get a discount.
Option 2 cons: You have to wait a month. After another month, how many more miles will be on it? Will there be any damage or wear that is not present now?

I don't like not getting a discount for purchasing a loaner. A third option is to take Option 2 and keep looking for a new one on dealer lots during the next month.
@lago: Thanks for your reply. I completely agree with your statement "I don't like not getting a discount for purchasing a loaner. " I guess its the price I need to pay to get the vehicle quicker. I like your idea to keep looking, will do.

Registered
@lago: Thanks for your reply. I completely agree with your statement "I don't like not getting a discount for purchasing a loaner. " I guess its the price I need to pay to get the vehicle quicker. I like your idea to keep looking, will do.
I do think vehicles will keep popping up, so if you are persistent, you may find one. That happened to me - I ordered one, but wasn't in a hurry. Once I got serious and decided I wanted one earlier than my order would be delivered, I found one in two days. My ordered vehicle (canceled) is on its way to a dealer right now. I'm in SoCal, though, so there are a lot of cars and dealers. If you are in an area with fewer dealers (smaller state, rural) it will likely be more difficult.

Registered
Due to covid19 work from home situation, my family easily got by with one vehicle. It allowed me to wait for Model-Y and Mach-e release and got an opportunity to test drive both. Finally it boiled down to "ride comfort" , as the roads in my city are not great to say the least and I choose Mach-e.
Based on vaccine situation the companies are now asking employees to come back to office and I need a ride sooner than I thought.
Searched around (all over the state, called about 10 dealers every day) and found couple of Mach-e's (premium awd ext)
option1: The first vehicle already spent 4 months at the dealership with 2k miles,, and the dealer is not ready to accept x-plan or give any rebate for 2k miles.
option2: The 2nd one is with 2k miles but I need to wait for little over a month to complete mandatory 4months. This dealer is ready to honor x-plan but no additional discount for 2k miles.

I am deciding to go w/option2, take a hit for 2k miles and have a car in hand and move on.
My question to fellow Mach-e enthusiasts is, are there any other options that I am missing. Ideas welcome.
Not sure where you're located but a lot of dealers in the northeast have a decent selection of mach-es on the lot. THis is just one example, this dealer has 65 onsite or pending, with at least 20 or so showing up as being on the lot. I believe they're selling at msrp as well. New 2021 Ford Cars, Trucks, & SUVs For Sale in Berlin, CT | Tasca Ford Cranston It might be worth the drive or pay for delivery.

Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
I know what I would do. I'd take the time pressure off by buying a cheap used car with high mileage, but in good shape to tide me over. Then sell it or use it as a trade when the time was right.

Registered
I second this. I called around to dealerships within an hour radius and found my exact configuration and bought it same day. My brother did this exact same thing in Cali and got his Mach-E.

Registered

Expand your search and use cars.com. I found my FE on cars.com. Got it MSRP plus x-plan!

Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic

Option 5 is the only option!

In reality this is the only option: suggest you go on other boards and read the horror stories about people buying loaners and/or demos because of the way they have been driven.

Think about this: if the average persons drives 20 miles in the demo, 2,000 miles means that 100 people have driven and abused the MME.

Do you really want to pay full price for a car that has been driven and potentially abused by over 100 people!

I would be very, very hesitant about ever buying either a demo or a loaner: But under no circumstances would I even ever consider getting one without a substantial discount from MSRP.

Just my $.02 about how I spend my money.

Registered
That's probably worse in an ICE vehicle because of people thrashing the hell out of them during break-in periods.

Registered
That's probably worse in an ICE vehicle because of people thrashing the hell out of them during break-in periods.
I have no reason to believe that in an ICE it will be worse: I think with the MME, everyone will be trying out the acceleration.

But in any event, I think you and I both agree that getting a demo, without a substantial discount from MSRP, is not an efficient use of your money!

Registered
MME Premium extended range AWD
I have no reason to believe that in an ICE it will be worse: I think with the MME, everyone will be trying out the acceleration.

First I heard of there needing to be a break-in period for the MME during you are not suppose to floor it.

Registered
You can be sure of one thing: No break in period on either a demo or a loaner!

Registered

But in any event, I think you and I both agree that getting a demo, without a substantial discount from MSRP, is not an efficient use of your money!
ICE require break-in because of tight tolerances between wear components - not an issue in a brushless motor. Of course there are other things that people can break driving a car hard, so caution is always recommended.

Registered
FYI. I went to look at a Model Y. It was okay. But I got a text from the dealer. The. Model Y is out to September for delivery right now! So you can not take deliver any sooner than a Mach E.

Registered
How about a new Select AWD with the technology package? Very similar to your preferred model. Range is less, but still more than enough for most purposes. I see more of these available than the Premium AWD, and better pricing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
FYI. I went to look at a Model Y. It was okay. But I got a text from the dealer. The. Model Y is out to September for delivery right now! So you can not take deliver any sooner than a Mach E.
Did you test drive Model-y on not so great city roads? If not I suggest you take it for a overnighter and drive on different types of roads.

Registered
Did you test drive Model-y on not so great city roads? If not I suggest you take it for a overnighter and drive on different types of roads.
I did test drive. I grew up in a car/mechanic family so I have kinda high standards. And I did not like the stiff suspension. I drove the Mach E on a cement road and never felt/heard the thunk noise they are famous for. Plus I just checked the Ford website and my car is in production! So tesla smesla. I love the Mach E! That I do not even have yet. LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts