Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading through some threads and it's all so confusing to me. It sounds like I can order my Mach-e Premium online BUT it might not be the price I pay at the dealership. There can be ADM and/or incentives offered by the dealership, which could have a significant impact on the price (I called the Ford helpline, per info in another thread, and they could not tell me which dealers in Ohio don't have ADM; they said to call around to the various dealerships).

It feels like since you designate your dealership when you order online, they kind of have you over a barrel once it comes in. Makes me think I should go into the dealership and cut my deal and then place the order? (if you can't tell, I'm new to all this... :) ). I'm in NE Ohio and all of the dealerships I've called seem clueless.

p.s. I plan to "lease" I know, it's not a true lease so let's just say I will turn it in at the end of 3 years.

Any advice?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Do you have a dealership in the area that you trust? If not then definitely talk to all of them to see which one you like best. When you place the order online it goes through the dealer you select, so you're still working through the dealership. At that point it's just a matter of preference.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I've been reading through some threads and it's all so confusing to me. It sounds like I can order my Mach-e Premium online BUT it might not be the price I pay at the dealership. There can be ADM and/or incentives offered by the dealership, which could have a significant impact on the price (I called the Ford helpline, per info in another thread, and they could not tell me which dealers in Ohio don't have ADM; they said to call around to the various dealerships).

It feels like since you designate your dealership when you order online, they kind of have you over a barrel once it comes in. Makes me think I should go into the dealership and cut my deal and then place the order? (if you can't tell, I'm new to all this... :) ). I'm in NE Ohio and all of the dealerships I've called seem clueless.

p.s. I plan to "lease" I know, it's not a true lease so let's just say I will turn it in at the end of 3 years.

Any advice?
Do a search in this group for " No ADM Dealers". Last time I looked AutoNation Ford in Canton,OH was on the list.

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
First order of business is to join the MCA so you can get the X-Plan.
That’s if you don't already own 100 shares of Ford stock (F) for a minimum of 6 months.

Also, check to see if you are a member of other affiliates that qualify.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'd consider more than just price. So many stories on here about dealers who have dropped the ball on things.
Well,
I agree, confusing to say the least.
At the end of 2020 we went to the dealer (only 1 on Kauai) and thought we ordered it.
We made deals on the Dealer mark up and got a dealer contribution to the charger.
After 2 weeks of not hearing anything, I called and got the suggestion to just bite the bullet and order it online.
I did that and it was pretty painless, but then I wondered about the contract I signed previously with my dealer.
In my last phone call with him he stated that he will honor the signed contract for the price we agreed upon.
So I'm satisfied with the outcome.....so far.
I got my order number #10629921.
And eagerly awaiting further contact about production/delivery etc.
Surfdog on Kauai

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you have a dealership in the area that you trust? If not then definitely talk to all of them to see which one you like best. When you place the order online it goes through the dealer you select, so you're still working through the dealership. At that point it's just a matter of preference.
I do not. They all smell a sucker the minute I walk in the door. 😅

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do a search in this group for " No ADM Dealers". Last time I looked AutoNation Ford in Canton,OH was on the list.
Yes, I did that and just found one in Ohio - Akron, which isn't too far. Just wondering how "official" the list is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd consider more than just price. So many stories on here about dealers who have dropped the ball on things.
I don't have a ton of faith in the dealers around here - none of them that I've called have any information, none seem to be very interested in trying to get information, and none seem particularly interested in helping me buy this car. None of the near Ohio dealer websites I've looked at even have anything about the Mach-e on their pages (short sighted IMO). I think Ohio (as usual) is behind the curve on this.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I don't have a ton of faith in the dealers around here - none of them that I've called have any information, none seem to be very interested in trying to get information, and none seem particularly interested in helping me buy this car. None of the near Ohio dealer websites I've looked at even have anything about the Mach-e on their pages (short sighted IMO). I think Ohio (as usual) is behind the curve on this.
I guess the Tesla dealership model couldn't come soon enough. Thankfully Ford is actually working on it and a few other automakers. Have you tried reaching out to Ford's support team? If not, that might be a good way to get informed, aside from these forums of course.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My dealer had the brochures in the showroom to pass out.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I guess the Tesla dealership model couldn't come soon enough. Thankfully Ford is actually working on it and a few other automakers. Have you tried reaching out to Ford's support team? If not, that might be a good way to get informed, aside from these forums of course.
I have not tried reaching out to Ford's support team (other than calling the help line today to ask about non-ADM dealers, for which they couldn't provide information). I have only ever walked into a dealership, picked out a car, and walked out again. This is all new to me.

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have not tried reaching out to Ford's support team (other than calling the help line today to ask about non-ADM dealers, for which they couldn't provide information). I have only ever walked into a dealership, picked out a car, and walked out again. This is all new to me.
One way to get an idea what are non-ADM Ford dealers is to go on AutoTrader or any similar automotive classifieds websites. Today I came across a lot of listings at or under MSRP and mentioned it in this thread: Dealer $15K markup! others have commented too.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One way to get an idea what are non-ADM Ford dealers is to go on AutoTrader or any similar automotive classifieds websites. Today I came across a lot of listings at or under MSRP and mentioned it in this thread: Dealer $15K markup! others have commented too.
Thanks for the tip. I found this lackluster description from a local dealership. After reading this, I've never wanted a Mach-E less 😂

"See what's behind you with the back up camera on it. You'll never again be lost in a crowded city or a country region with the navigation system on the Ford Mustang Mach-E. The rear parking assist technology on this model will put you at ease when reversing. The system alerts you as you get closer to an obstruction. It is pure luxury with a heated steering wheel. This vehicle is equipped with all wheel drive. Enjoy the convenience of the power liftgate on this unit. This small suv has a Electric Motor high output engine. The vehicle is painted with a sleek and sophisticated black color. This Ford Mustang Mach-E is accented with a stylish rear spoiler. The high efficiency automatic transmission shifts smoothly and allows you to relax while driving. This vehicle features cruise control for long trips. Save gas and help the environment with the gas/electric hybrid drive system on this model."

·
Registered
713 Posts
Thanks for the tip. I found this lackluster description from a local dealership. After reading this, I've never wanted a Mach-E less 😂

"See what's behind you with the back up camera on it. You'll never again be lost in a crowded city or a country region with the navigation system on the Ford Mustang Mach-E. The rear parking assist technology on this model will put you at ease when reversing. The system alerts you as you get closer to an obstruction. It is pure luxury with a heated steering wheel. This vehicle is equipped with all wheel drive. Enjoy the convenience of the power liftgate on this unit. This small suv has a Electric Motor high output engine. The vehicle is painted with a sleek and sophisticated black color. This Ford Mustang Mach-E is accented with a stylish rear spoiler. The high efficiency automatic transmission shifts smoothly and allows you to relax while driving. This vehicle features cruise control for long trips. Save gas and help the environment with the gas/electric hybrid drive system on this model."
This might be the dullest listing for a brand new vehicle I've ever read :LOL:

Yes, I did that and just found one in Ohio - Akron, which isn't too far. Just wondering how "official" the list is.
From what I've seen it's a pretty solid list. It never hurts to reach out and see how they are compared to the others you've dealt with.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just make sure to get a commitment from the dealer in WRITING that a) no ADM, b) accepts X Plan and c) deposit is fully refundable if you choose not to purchase for any reason. Do this BEFORE you commit to an order. Hard to switch dealers once you order.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It feels like since you designate your dealership when you order online, they kind of have you over a barrel once it comes in.
At this point, I'd just wait for MachE's to show up a dealer and see what the market is like and take it for a test drive.

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
At this point, I'd just wait for MachE's to show up a dealer and see what the market is like and take it for a test drive.
I’m definitely test-driving the actual vehicle I ordered before finalizing the sale. I don’t think it will disappoint, but its a must.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts