Votes: 26 38.2%
  • No, this will be my first EV

Votes: 42 61.8%
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I think it would be fascinating to get an idea of what percentage of us actually drive EVs now and what percentage of future Mach-E owners are new to driving an electric car. I'd REALLY like to get as many of you to fill this out as possible.

Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
I’m in a 2018 Fusion Hybrid, were i get 540+ miles per tank. This will be a big change for me, mostly around inconvenience related to charging. But i am excited nonetheless.

Reactions: St00k

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have never owned, or even driven, a pure EV (unless you count fork lifts) so this is a big and exciting change for me.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey everyone. I think it would be fascinating to get an idea of what percentage of us actually drive EVs now and what percentage of future Mach-E owners are new to driving an electric car. I'd REALLY like to get as many of you to fill this out as possible.

Thanks!
Harley Davidson Livewire is only EV I have.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Put a deposit down on a Model 3, but when we got the OK to order the math just didn't add up. I was also watching the Polestar 2 and VW ID.4, but then the Mach E was revealed and was blown away. Now I'm just crossing my fingers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a Chevy Spark EV and after a year traded in for a 2017 Bolt. My lease is up in October. I have a deposit on a Tesla Model Y, but I'm having second (and third) thoughts. I've gotten used to the warning indicators in the side-view mirrors and the 360 degree "bird's eye" view. Teslas don't even have the side view mirror warning lights. Tesla says the hardware is there, and those features will come in a "future" software update. For me, this is just the the "straw" for that broke the camel's back for me. I can get along without a third card for a few months. I definitely want to drive one.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had a Chevy Spark EV and after a year traded in for a 2017 Bolt. My lease is up in October. I have a deposit on a Tesla Model Y, but I'm having second (and third) thoughts. I've gotten used to the warning indicators in the side-view mirrors and the 360 degree "bird's eye" view. Teslas don't even have the side view mirror warning lights. Tesla says the hardware is there, and those features will come in a "future" software update. For me, this is just the the "straw" for that broke the camel's back for me. I can get along without a third card for a few months. I definitely want to drive one.
So have you pre-ordered the Mach-E yet or waiting to test drive one first? (You can always cancel if you do).

And welcome to the forum by the way!

·
Registered
3 Posts
When the X came out my wife was enamoured with it. Test drove it. HORRIBLE! It wallowed around. WAY too big. Started hearing reports of it wallowing around, along with the troubles with the gull-wing rear doors. Definitely NOT the normal EV experience. My plan is to wait for expert reviews and Ford dealers to have one to test drive (unless Tesla moves off of their position and has the features I'm looking for).

·
Registered
236 Posts
When the X came out my wife was enamoured with it. Test drove it. HORRIBLE! It wallowed around. WAY too big. Started hearing reports of it wallowing around, along with the troubles with the gull-wing rear doors. Definitely NOT the normal EV experience. My plan is to wait for expert reviews and Ford dealers to have one to test drive (unless Tesla moves off of their position and has the features I'm looking for).
What exactly do you mean wallowed around? Like a boat? Like an '80s Cadillac?

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
205 Posts
We have had a Ford Fusion Energi since 2016, I traded in for a 2019 with the model year end clearance last year. My wife loves that car, and I just wish it had more range than the 25 miles on electric only. However, when she does drive to work, it is only 5 miles. The only other downside is the tiny trunk.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
975 Posts
I just saw a Model X again for the first time a few days ago. Someone on one of the forums said it looked like a pregnant turtle. Yep. It was a big, white, pregnant turtle.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We own a 2012 Chevy Volt and have leased a 2017 Chevy Bolt.

Looking forward to owning a Mach-E Premium RWD w/ extended range battery!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I commute in either my f150 powerstroke or my Acura RLX Hybrid. My cobra is a toy.
Welcome to the forum BTW!

That's quite a varied garage. I just read the RLX is getting canned... and you HAVE to post pics of the Cobra!

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback / 2021 Ford Mustang Mach E Select RWD SR
71 Posts
This will be my first electric car if we exclude the solar car I build at the university :p

1 - 20 of 52 Posts