Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in terms of stated range and features? I read an article about the Jaguar I pace and how its been disappointing with a much lower range than expected. With Tesla you pretty much know what you're getting and they have a proven track record and of course with the Y coming out around the same time there are choices. Is anyone concerned if Ford will live up to the hype and if they will stand 100% behind it? I'm wondering if it would be better to lease one instead of buying one because of all the unknowns, especially when spending a lot of money. It would be more than I would ever spend on a car so I want it to be as good, if not better than a Tesla.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Which of the stated features are important to you?

Among the differentiators I'm looking forward to with the Mustang Mach-E:
  • Driver attention monitoring
  • Android Auto
  • Serviceability
  • Appearance

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know enough about either of them to really know what I want or need but I do want to make sure that the technology is top-notch and on par with what Tesla has been offering.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I've no doubt the tech will be top notch! From what you've said though, wouldn't it be best to wait until each car is available to test drive? Then you can get a better idea of what you like or not, and if either of them is suitable.

As for leasing... that's a personal choice. Plenty of people are happy with leasing. I'm planning to buy -- I don't fit within the lease constraints. For example, I keep cars longer than three years. Having a prepaid mileage arrangement (e.g. 12,000 miles per year lease) makes me a bit anxious, too, about going significantly under or over.

·
Registered
120 Posts
in terms of stated range and features? I read an article about the Jaguar I pace and how its been disappointing with a much lower range than expected. With Tesla you pretty much know what you're getting and they have a proven track record and of course with the Y coming out around the same time there are choices. Is anyone concerned if Ford will live up to the hype and if they will stand 100% behind it? I'm wondering if it would be better to lease one instead of buying one because of all the unknowns, especially when spending a lot of money. It would be more than I would ever spend on a car so I want it to be as good, if not better than a Tesla.
I personally think ford will come through with the range, and will probably take a little time to work out the kinks of lesser things like the sync4. I am planning to lease, and if all is well at the end of the lease I will buy it out. It will cost me more in the long run if I keep it, but I like the peace of mind if the batteries start to degrade badly/prematurely or there are major systemic issues. I don't think there will be, but like you it will be by far the most I've ever spent on a car. As for the lease, apparently in a Q&A with one of the execs at the LA reveal they mentioned there will only be a 4 year lease-like product offered in which the car will still be titled in the customer's name.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You will be happy with the Mach. If you put money down and do not like it there is no loss of downpayment.
I had a Tesla 2010 Roadster and it was great. I am looking forward to the Mach. I do not expect Ford to let
us down. I will not buy a Tesla because of the hype he started on a SUV we all waited for and just unveil
a piece of crap. Yes over 41,000 put down $1000 and this put $41,000,000 into his bank.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well the Mach e and other companies will need to have their suv/cub to at least match Tesla’s 315 range to compete I think. Mach e is a little cheaper so not expecting to be over 320 miles on extended range battery but should at least be close to Tesla’s 315 on the model y

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Everyone prioritizes differently: purchase price, cost of ownership, styling, comfort, performance, handling, charging network, range, utility, image, efficiency, technology features, brand, quality, durability, etc. To make it less clear many of those are subjective or based on our own driving needs or practices. No car will top all categories for all people. Personally the differences in range and charging networks where Tesla is currently superior don't matter to me. The Model Y will be the clear choice for some, while the Mach-E will be preferred by others. Yet another demographic will say both are crazy and get an X3 or Q5 for about the same price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts