Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Probably not at launch. You may have to revert to cardboard and setting the temp w/ your phone manually.

Could always be added though...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Why would you want your dog to be able to drive? That's crazy! It has to be stopped! Who would allow such a thing!

oh, air conditioner on when a dog is in a parked car mode... well that's different.. never mind
</emily latella>

·
Premium Member
2018 Fusion Energi Burgundy Velvet Platinum
1,303 Posts
Why would you want your dog to be able to drive? That's crazy! It has to be stopped! Who would allow such a thing!

oh, air conditioner on when a dog is in a parked car mode... well that's different.. never mind
</emily latella>
I would only allow a dog to drive when the vehicle is in 'autonomous mode' but the paws would have to be on the wheel and no watching the Dog Channel

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,221 Posts
I would only allow a dog to drive when the vehicle is in 'autonomous mode' but the paws would have to be on the wheel and no watching the Dog Channel
No, Teslas require a paw on the wheel. Mach E requires both eyes on the road -- just don't drool on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
623 Posts
That's an interesting feature to take a stand on. Most cars don't have that feature at all. You can do the same thing with a little more work though.
Parts not falling off is higher on my list than this feature. One can still leave the a/c on for the dog using the app, it just won't have the message on the touchscreen - which some good samaritan who breaks the window might not look at anyway.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dog Mode is one of the most used features our tesla model 3 .... anyonenhavr any idea when will Dog Mode be added to Mach E????
Need some info if anyone knows. This could be hard to answer since not many have received their mach e yet but some of the testers might know. We take our small pet everywhere with us in a crate. I have had the rav4 hybrid so I can just leave the system on if we are in a restaurant or something. Usually no more than an hour or hour and a half. That car worked flawlessly but I sold it because I really want the mach e. But… does anyone know if there is a way to set up a type of pet mode like the Tesla or a work around. I had to use my mechanical key on the rav to lock and unlock but by doing that I could leave the climate system on and motor would come on once in awhile when it needed to charge. I really appreciate any help here. I know I will hear from the crowd that says how dangerous this is, but I have been doing it for 3 years with absolutely no problem. I darken the rear windows a lot and no one even sees that my pet is back there in the crate. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Need some info if anyone knows. This could be hard to answer since not many have received their mach e yet but some of the testers might know. We take our small pet everywhere with us in a crate. I have had the rav4 hybrid so I can just leave the system on if we are in a restaurant or something. Usually no more than an hour or hour and a half. That car worked flawlessly but I sold it because I really want the mach e. But… does anyone know if there is a way to set up a type of pet mode like the Tesla or a work around. I had to use my mechanical key on the rav to lock and unlock but by doing that I could leave the climate system on and motor would come on once in awhile when it needed to charge. I really appreciate any help here. I know I will hear from the crowd that says how dangerous this is, but I have been doing it for 3 years with absolutely no problem. I darken the rear windows a lot and no one even sees that my pet is back there in the crate. Thanks
I can't speak to the MACH-E yet but my Fusion PHEV can be climatized on EV for up to 15 mins from my Ford app. I haven't tried restarting again after the 15 minutes expire. I would be surprised if Ford didn't put something similar or better on the MMe.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I can't speak to the MACH-E yet but my Fusion PHEV can be climatized on EV for up to 15 mins from my Ford app. I haven't tried restarting again after the 15 minutes expire. I would be surprised if Ford didn't put something similar or better on the MMe.
@twilloo we still have lots to learn about Sync 4A and there's a good chance that 15 min window is an option here. There's just no way Ford is not considering how strongly pet ownership is trending.

·
Registered
10 Posts
@twilloo we still have lots to learn about Sync 4A and there's a good chance that 15 min window is an option here. There's just no way Ford is not considering how strongly pet ownership is trending.
A timed situation will not work. It is terribly inconvenient if not very difficult to keep running out to car to re time the climate control. If you leave a toyota hybrid on it can run for a week but if you want to lock it you have to trick the car by using the mechanical key. I sometimes after making sure my fob and key are in my pocket will put my drivers window down, then get out of the car and reach back thru the window and lock all doors and then pull up on the auto up on my drivers window. This works perfectly and the car will not turn off until it runs out of gas and it is not that tough to do. I hope the mach e can either do as a pet mode or it could also be tricked to working the way I explained above. There is just no reason not to have the pet mode in the MMe as there is not any ICE fumes or anything like that to worry about. This was a huge feature for Tesla since there are so many pet owners in the world. For many it would be a deal breaker but since the MMe has over the air programming, the hopes would be high that it would not take that long for Ford to correct this oversight. I would call Ford but the people that answer the phone do not know what you are talking about and they do not welcome any conversation that talks about tricking the car as big brother wants to put timers on all vehicles for auto cut off, which I understand more so on ICE vehicles. The new Rav4 prime did listen to people complain and they did put a new auto cut off timer disabler in the menu for this reason. Unfortunately I have my heart set on a new MMe. Last mustang I had was a 2003 Mustang Cobra, first year of a supercharger best I remember, so I want to return to this hi tech Pony one more time before I fertilize sod.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
A timed situation will not work. It is terribly inconvenient if not very difficult to keep running out to car to re time the climate control. If you leave a toyota hybrid on it can run for a week but if you want to lock it you have to trick the car by using the mechanical key. I sometimes after making sure my fob and key are in my pocket will put my drivers window down, then get out of the car and reach back thru the window and lock all doors and then pull up on the auto up on my drivers window. This works perfectly and the car will not turn off until it runs out of gas and it is not that tough to do. I hope the mach e can either do as a pet mode or it could also be tricked to working the way I explained above. There is just no reason not to have the pet mode in the MMe as there is not any ICE fumes or anything like that to worry about. This was a huge feature for Tesla since there are so many pet owners in the world. For many it would be a deal breaker but since the MMe has over the air programming, the hopes would be high that it would not take that long for Ford to correct this oversight. I would call Ford but the people that answer the phone do not know what you are talking about and they do not welcome any conversation that talks about tricking the car as big brother wants to put timers on all vehicles for auto cut off, which I understand more so on ICE vehicles. The new Rav4 prime did listen to people complain and they did put a new auto cut off timer disabler in the menu for this reason. Unfortunately I have my heart set on a new MMe. Last mustang I had was a 2003 Mustang Cobra, first year of a supercharger best I remember, so I want to return to this hi tech Pony one more time before I fertilize sod.
You don't have to "run out to the car" you use the Ford App to start, stop, lock and unlock and you can set a Go time where the car will start automatically. I just don't know if the time past 15 mins can be extended

·
Registered
10 Posts
You don't have to "run out to the car" you use the Ford App to start, stop, lock and unlock and you can set a Go time where the car will start automatically. I just don't know if the time past 15 mins can be extended
Many cars only give you 20 minutes total and then you do have to go to car and start it up to recycle the timer in your app. I have been all thru this with several manufactures and most have gone to the 20 minute cut off but that came about due to fumes around the car and especially deaths in the garage. This is a new time with all electric and many of those worries do not exist now and there is no reason why Tesla is the only one that has figured that out now.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Many cars only give you 20 minutes total and then you do have to go to car and start it up to recycle the timer in your app. I have been all thru this with several manufactures and most have gone to the 20 minute cut off but that came about due to fumes around the car and especially deaths in the garage. This is a new time with all electric and many of those worries do not exist now and there is no reason why Tesla is the only one that has figured that out now.
Remember my car is a PHEV Fusion we don't know is the MMe will have a different system or if it will be installed by an OTA upgrade

1 - 20 of 30 Posts