Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Dog Mode for Mach E

16K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  Pippet 
#1 ·
Dog Mode is one of the most used features our tesla model 3 .... anyonenhavr any idea when will Dog Mode be added to Mach E????

#14 ·
Need some info if anyone knows. This could be hard to answer since not many have received their mach e yet but some of the testers might know. We take our small pet everywhere with us in a crate. I have had the rav4 hybrid so I can just leave the system on if we are in a restaurant or something. Usually no more than an hour or hour and a half. That car worked flawlessly but I sold it because I really want the mach e. But… does anyone know if there is a way to set up a type of pet mode like the Tesla or a work around. I had to use my mechanical key on the rav to lock and unlock but by doing that I could leave the climate system on and motor would come on once in awhile when it needed to charge. I really appreciate any help here. I know I will hear from the crowd that says how dangerous this is, but I have been doing it for 3 years with absolutely no problem. I darken the rear windows a lot and no one even sees that my pet is back there in the crate. Thanks

#28 ·
I personally know two of my friends who have shown great interest in the MMe and one of them ask me about a pet mode and when I told him not yet, he said that was a deal breaker for him. Ford should never under estimate the importance of pets and in this case the pet mode. I have spent in the past 100k for an rv just to travel with my pets.

#29 ·
Yes, this is a good feature, but never existed before 2019. So as great as it is, a deal killer? That would mean you limit yourself to one manufacturer, pretty restrictive.

While it may not be first on the list of features that Ford focused on with the launch of a ground-up vehicle, I’m sure Ford will follow once it figures out the safest way to implement (and without stepping on patents and copyrights).

#33 ·
So of I'm understanding correctly, short of an actual pet mode, the problems with simply leaving the vehicle on are:

1. Goose honks when you get out and close the door!
2. Shutoff after 15
3. Inability to restart from App after shutoff.
Is this correct? And if the MME shuts off, doesn't the alarm set, and the the pet's movement trips the shaker and the alarm goes off?

#34 ·
YES PLEASE!!! Even though I turn off motion detector the alarm still goes off when my dogs are in the car.
Also, they need to move the HAZARD button so the dogs don't constantly turn it on. BMW had the same problem and they moved the HAZARD button to the dash, a big help!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.