Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Door Opening Issues

13K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  MachDrive 
#1 ·
I hope I'm having a software glitch and don't need to take it to the dealer. Maybe it will correct itself....but the driver's door won't open when you push the button like it used to. The car lights up on approach indicating it's unlocked, but the driver's door won't open. Push the back door button and both doors open at the same time. The only way I've found to get the driver's door to open is to push the unlock button on the fob and immediately push the button. Or push the button on the door and immediately push the unlock button on the fob and the door will open. Anyone else experiencing this? I thought maybe it was a glitch picked up on the last OTA.

#8 ·
I had this same issue a couple of months ago, it is NOT related to the PAAK issue or the PAAK software update. The is a separate software update that your dealer will need to apply to your MME. It is SSM 49676. Call your dealer and request and appointment and describe the issue and indicate that this SSM 49676 will resolve the issue. Once the SM 49676 software was updated to my MME I have not had this problem since and it was corrected back in February.

#16 ·
I have had this exact issue for the past few days now. I had the recent PAAK update done with the help of the dealership last month but nothing after that.
I have only used the one Keyfob we have in all the 8 months have had my car because I use an Android phone and so I cant use PAAK.
I think there was an OTA recently and after which this problem started

#17 ·
you can use a droid phone for PAAK,. I have it configured. I've only used it once or twice just to see if it would work (backup start code etc). and seemed to work fine. But I"m a fob kinda guy.

#19 ·
Just traded in my phone for a Galaxy Z Fold (2) which required me to have to pair with the MMe, re-do the PaaK and re-set the backup codes. After a couple of operator error attempts relating to the Android auto, also I forgot that the Fob needs to be in the car (not on a hook in the house) along with the phone for a re-set, all is well and PaaK working as before and the Fob is back on the hook.

#22 ·
With every OTA update, I see the rough edges in the software slowly disappearing. I find this reassuring that Ford is staying true to their word of consistent refinement.

I didn’t get the Paak update yet, so I am still carrying the Fob. Doors open just fine with the Fob present.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.