Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mach E First Edition, Grabber Blue
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps this has been answered in other threads so forgive me if this is redundant… Just purchased MME last week. Tried to charge for the first time at an Electrify America station while waiting for home charging to be set up. I could not get charging station to communicate with the car. Now I had not set up FordPass yet so perhaps was that the problem? I did set it up later that night but thought that was merely a way to pay for charging not the only way to get the car to communicate to charging. I called customer service on electrify America and they actually tried to just bypass and give me the charging for free and it still wouldn’t work. Tried to use a credit card still wouldn’t work. Will this car not communicate with the charger until that account has been set up?

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Premium Standard Range RWD Shadow Black
9 Posts
Perhaps this has been answered in other threads so forgive me if this is redundant… Just purchased MME last week. Tried to charge for the first time at an Electrify America station while waiting for home charging to be set up. I could not get charging station to communicate with the car. Now I had not set up FordPass yet so perhaps was that the problem? I did set it up later that night but thought that was merely a way to pay for charging not the only way to get the car to communicate to charging. I called customer service on electrify America and they actually tried to just bypass and give me the charging for free and it still wouldn’t work. Tried to use a credit card still wouldn’t work. Will this car not communicate with the charger until that account has been set up?
I have seen videos online of people charging at Electrify America with the Mach-E, but it asked for a credit card if it didn't communicate with the Ford Pass app, so I think you should be able to charge. In the video I saw, the person just went to the charger right next to it, and it worked. Not sure what the glitch was.

·
Registered
Mach E First Edition, Grabber Blue
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have seen videos online of people charging at Electrify America with the Mach-E, but it asked for a credit card if it didn't communicate with the Ford Pass app, so I think you should be able to charge. In the video I saw, the person just went to the charger right next to it, and it worked. Not sure what the glitch was.
Yes I tried multiple stations they tried to reset the station I tried to use a credit card they even try to give it to me for free so something is amiss...

·
Super Moderator
2,288 Posts
I think you need the FordPass set up. Alternatively, the Electrify America app (but I don’t think you can get your free 250 kW going through the EA app)

also- do not use the 350 kW connectors, only the 150 kW or less.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
1,662 Posts
I think you need the FordPass set up. Alternatively, the Electrify America app (but I don’t think you can get your free 250 kW going through the EA app)

also- do not use the 350 kW connectors, only the 150 kW or less.
Don't the 350kW hook-ups step down to the MMe charger capacity?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts