Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand they offer thru Ford 250kw hrs of free charging to Mach-e owners when using the Ford pass app. Can anyone confirm this? I was told that the dealer needs to initiate my account first before its available for use. Also true?

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
I understand they offer thru Ford 250kw hrs of free charging to Mach-e owners when using the Ford pass app. Can anyone confirm this? I was told that the dealer needs to initiate my account first before its available for use. Also true?
Yes, it is true. Ford offers 250kWh charging with ElectrifyAmerica. And on some vehicles that were delayed from ‘quality checks’, they increased it to 500.

You initiate it from Ford.com/connectedservices
Best done from a computer.
  • Sign-in to your account.
  • Find your MMe under My Vehicles.
  • Click on Connected Services.
  • Follow the FordPass Charging network instructions.
NOTE: if the process seems to hang and not continue, go to the Your Wallet screen and delete and re-add a payment method. Then try activating the Connected Services again.

You will get an email once activation is complete. You will then see a screen similar to this under your account:

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes, it is true. Ford offers 250kWh charging with ElectrifyAmerica. And on some vehicles that were delayed from ‘quality checks’, they increased it to 500.

NOTE: if the process seems to hang and not continue, go to the Your Wallet screen and delete and re-add a payment method. Then try activating the Connected Services again.

You will get an email once activation is complete. You will then see a screen similar to this under your account:
View attachment 5011

I hope this helps!
Just curious, how much does the service cost, per month ? If I need to pay for data, can I use a data plan from my current wireless carrier.

The other option might be to enable mobile hotspot but I don't want MME to think it's regular WiFi and download updates like hell.

·
Super Moderator
2,570 Posts
Just curious, how much does the service cost, per month ? If I need to pay for data, can I use a data plan from my current wireless carrier.

The other option might be to enable mobile hotspot but I don't want MME to think it's regular WiFi and download updates like hell.
Ford Charging Network access is free for the first two years, the connected nav for the first three years. I have no clue what the prices will be after that.
The Hotspot is completely separate. If you want those data services, then you have to set up an account with AT&T (or add it to your existing AT&T account). Again, I don’t know how much this will cost after the free three month trial ends. The same goes for the Sirius Radio.

Note: Ford considers all trials started the day you buy the vehicle, regardless of when you activate them. You must also activate the services soon, I believe you only have a few months after purchase. Please read the terms and conditions on the Ford website.

·
Registered
13 Posts

View attachment 5011

I hope this helps!
Thanks, that worked to delete and re-add my CC info. So the next question is how to use it? I don’t see it in my EA app

·
Registered
MME, Infinite Blue, Premium, RWD, ER.
188 Posts
Thanks, that worked to delete and re-add my CC info. So the next question is how to use it? I don’t see it in my EA app
They won’t show up in your EA app.

You can spend the 250kWh in two ways.

once you get to an EA charger - you should be able to activate the station from the Ford pass app and then it’ll use of the 250.

Or you can set up “plug and charge” in the Ford pass app and EA will (mostly) connect with the Ford app and use of the 250

To activate plug&chage go to the Ford pass app > vehicle (in the bottom) > Manage EV (almost in the top middle) > FordPass charging network > plug & charge > “toggle on”

if you’re at an EA station and it doesn’t work just call EA. They’re beyond helpful.

·
Registered
13 Posts
They won’t show up in your EA app.

You can spend the 250kWh in two ways.

once you get to an EA charger - you should be able to activate the station from the Ford pass app and then it’ll use of the 250.

Or you can set up “plug and charge” in the Ford pass app and EA will (mostly) connect with the Ford app and use of the 250

To activate plug&chage go to the Ford pass app > vehicle (in the bottom) > Manage EV (almost in the top middle) > FordPass charging network > plug & charge > “toggle on”

if you’re at an EA station and it doesn’t work just call EA. They’re beyond helpful.
Thanks So Much! Super helpful.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts