Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
That's nice, but really... what is he going to say.
He did amazing things for the EV industry, but his future isn't looking as bright.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Tesla will be fine for a few years...they still have a 6-8 year lead in battery tech that no one can match. Mark my words...if Tesla gets into trouble and the market cap drops to $20 Billion in the near future Toyota will buy it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
That's nice, but really... what is he going to say.
He did amazing things for the EV industry, but his future isn't looking as bright.
I thinks his compliments are a sign that competitors, like Ford, will push Tesla to make better vehicles and provide better services. I don't see how this is bad. Why isn't Tesla's future looking bright? Is it the unproven profit history?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Tesla will be fine for a few years...they still have a 6-8 year lead in battery tech that no one can match. Mark my words...if Tesla gets into trouble and the market cap drops to $20 Billion in the near future Toyota will buy it.
That is a big 'if'. Tesla market cap has not been at 20B since early 2016, and at its current 63.8 it will have to lose 2/3rds of it cap.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if Elon's pride would allow him to sell Tesla. But hopefully all this competition motivates Tesla to improve on their vehicles rather than causing them to be overtaken by the competition.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I don't know if Elon's pride would allow him to sell Tesla. But hopefully all this competition motivates Tesla to improve on their vehicles rather than causing them to be overtaken by the competition.
^^^This. Look at what the Mustang & Camaro and the Accord & Camry did to each other. Look at what Honda & Toyota did to the US market. Look at what Hyundai and Kia did to the US market. All this is GOOD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts