Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fam! I’ve had my MME for about 2 weeks now and absolutely love it. I’ve been scouring the internet learning all that I can. I recently learned about how to jump the 12v battery in the frunk and my first thought was to purchase a portable 12v jump box for cases of emergency but then I realized….where am I going to put it?!
The only idea I could come up with is to install racks and keep a storage box on top outside of the car. Anybody have any better ideas?? Thank you!!

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E GT, Grabber Blue
7 Posts
I haven't actually tried it, but I think a regular 9 volt might suffice for gaining access. The wires behind the cover just actuate the hood release solenoid so that you can access the 12 volt battery. From there, one of the pocket-sized lithium jump packs should be all that is needed, just enough to power up the high voltage contactor.

Unless the vehicle gets into a really abnormal situation, or you disregard the warnings, you'll likely never need to use this emergency function. Lead-acid batteries rarely fail completely in one shot.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I haven't actually tried it, but I think a regular 9 volt might suffice for gaining access. The wires behind the cover just actuate the hood release solenoid so that you can access the 12 volt battery. From there, one of the pocket-sized lithium jump packs should be all that is needed, just enough to power up the high voltage contactor.

Unless the vehicle gets into a really abnormal situation, or you disregard the warnings, you'll likely never need to use this emergency function. Lead-acid batteries rarely fail completely in one shot.
No, a 9-v battery does have enough volts/energy to gain access to the frunk. Others on these mach e forums have already tried it. Better idea is get a small 12.5+ battery and hide it somewhere behind the bumper in a waterproof case. After you get the frunk open you can get at your jump pack battery stored in the frunk. I do not yet have these jump batteries yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts