Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to have my transponder for EPASS to work through the windshield mount. I don't know if the glass is a special glass, or the sensors interfere with the signal. I brought one back to IPass (Illinois Tollway Customer Care) and they said that the one I had worked. But when mounted in the car it doesn't. Is there a preferred place for the transponder to work in the windshield or will I need to get a license plate mount?

·
Super Moderator
2,997 Posts
I have not been able to have my transponder for EPASS to work through the windshield mount. I don't know if the glass is a special glass, or the sensors interfere with the signal. I brought one back to IPass (Illinois Tollway Customer Care) and they said that the one I had worked. But when mounted in the car it doesn't. Is there a preferred place for the transponder to work in the windshield or will I need to get a license plate mount?
The Mach-E’s windshield is heated, and that interferes with the signal of EZPasses, etc. The only spot that it works in is the blacked-out section, behind the rear-view mirror.

the license-plate mount will work as well.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mach-E’s windshield is heated, and that interferes with the signal of EZPasses, etc. The only spot that it works in is the blacked-out section, behind the rear-view mirror.

the license-plate mount will work as well.
Thanks, I will have to check it out.

·
Registered
2021 AWD ER, Pre, Infinite Blue
13 Posts
You have to mount it to the spot with the black dots. It won't work through the clear glass

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here in Florida Sunpass doesn't care if it can read the transponder or not as long as you have the correct license plate info in your account. I went a whole month without it in one of my cars and the still charged me every time, the normal Sunpass rate. These were not the toll by plate in south Florida. I'd check and see if Illinois is the same way. They just want the $4-$30 for the transponders

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting. Mine works just fine. We don’t use it that often but when we need it I just put it on the dash up against the back of the screen and we’ve never had an issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts