Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have not been able to have my transponder for EPASS to work through the windshield mount. I don't know if the glass is a special glass, or the sensors interfere with the signal. I brought one back to IPass (Illinois Tollway Customer Care) and they said that the one I had worked. But when mounted in the car it doesn't. Is there a preferred place for the transponder to work in the windshield or will I need to get a license plate mount?

·
Super Moderator
2,894 Posts
I have not been able to have my transponder for EPASS to work through the windshield mount. I don't know if the glass is a special glass, or the sensors interfere with the signal. I brought one back to IPass (Illinois Tollway Customer Care) and they said that the one I had worked. But when mounted in the car it doesn't. Is there a preferred place for the transponder to work in the windshield or will I need to get a license plate mount?
The Mach-E’s windshield is heated, and that interferes with the signal of EZPasses, etc. The only spot that it works in is the blacked-out section, behind the rear-view mirror.

the license-plate mount will work as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Mach-E’s windshield is heated, and that interferes with the signal of EZPasses, etc. The only spot that it works in is the blacked-out section, behind the rear-view mirror.

the license-plate mount will work as well.
Thanks, I will have to check it out.

·
Registered
2021 AWD ER, Pre, Infinite Blue
3 Posts
You have to mount it to the spot with the black dots. It won't work through the clear glass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts