Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Either there is an error or a sudden change in the description of the First Edition.

Both the Order guide and the Packaging Guides that came out this week agreed with the old configuration tool and all the images we've seen: First Editions come with Body-Color-Painted wheel lip moldings.

However, look what I found in the configuration details of my order:

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
Either there is an error or a sudden change in the description of the First Edition.

Both the Order guide and the Packaging Guides that came out this week agreed with the old configuration tool and all the images we've seen: First Editions come with Body-Color-Painted wheel lip moldings.

However, look what I found in the configuration details of my order:
View attachment 1734
Mention of body-color wheel tips are removed from the web-page as well.

i hope this isn’t a deal-breaker for you.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mention of body-color wheel tips are removed from the web-page as well.

i hope this isn’t a deal-breaker for you.
Definitely not. My order is in! I actually like the black but is was a distinguishing trait.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just reviewed my order confirmation and mine does not include that line. Which I am very grateful for. I ordered the carbonized gray first edition, which paint did you order?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Did you have the dealer change your reservation to an order or did you do it yourself on the website?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same, weird.

@Anyone else notice the black wells on theirs?

·
Super Moderator
1,216 Posts
Thats what the disclaimer “product specifications subject to chage” in the fine-print is all about.
Personally, I think the painted wheel-well rims wouldn’t age well. But thats my preference.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thats what the disclaimer “product specifications subject to chage” in the fine-print is all about.
Personally, I think the painted wheel-well rims wouldn’t age well. But thats my preference.
I’m not disputing the fact it changed, As a matter of fact I’m not disputing anything. I’m more curious about the inconsistency. Either it will or won’t have the black wheel lip but for his to say it does and mine to say it doesn’t is the part that confuses me and I’m curious what others say on their first edition.

·
Registered
2017, Chevy Bolt - Reserved 2021 Mustang Mach E Premier AWD Extended Range
13 Posts
The car configurator on the Ford Canada site has the Special Edition with painted wheel-well trim that matches the body colour. In speaking to my car dealer, that painted wheel well trim is the way all special editions will be supplied.
Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 19.27.33.png

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The car configurator on the Ford Canada site has the Special Edition with painted wheel-well trim that matches the body colour. In speaking to my car dealer, that painted wheel well trim is the way all special editions will be supplied.
View attachment 1786
That agrees with every rendering and every photograph we've seen of First Editions.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts