No Hidden Costs

Includes full service and maintenance

Flexible Term

No long-term commitment

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,155 Posts
They are trying to differentiate themselves with this business model and customer service aspect. Like concierge services but at a discounted price.
Did they secure use of the MEB platform?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lease looks attractive.

Flexible Lease and Purchase Options

Starting at $379 /mo FLEXEE Payment

Cancel Anytime

One-Time Initiation & Activation

Starting at $2,999 due at subscription

High Mileage Allowance

30,000 miles per year with monthly rollover

No Hidden Costs

Includes full service and maintenance

Flexible Term

No long-term commitment

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

These are interesting lease rates. Where did you find them?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have to scroll all the way down on the webpage.

View attachment 2689
"if it sounds too good to be true..."

Taking the $2999 and amortizing it over 36 months, $83 a month and adding it to the monthly payment of $379, the monthly payment comes to $462 per month before taxes.

The MSRP of the Fisker is $37,499.

By way of example a lease on a Ford Edge ST, MSRP of $47,000 is $457 per month, 3 years, 10,000 miles per year no money down, which includes NY Sales tax. Back out the sales tax and the monthly payments are $409.

So the Fisker which has a MSRP of $10,000 less than the Ford Edge ST, over 36 months will cost $1,800 more.

Once again there is a premium to be paid for going green in leasing an BEV.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Taking the $2999 and amortizing it over 36 months, $83 a month and adding it to the monthly payment of $379, the monthly payment comes to $462 per month before taxes.

The MSRP of the Fisker is $37,499.

By way of example a lease on a Ford Edge ST, MSRP of $47,000 is $457 per month, 3 years, 10,000 miles per year no money down, which includes NY Sales tax. Back out the sales tax and the monthly payments are $409.

So the Fisker which has a MSRP of $10,000 less than the Ford Edge ST, over 36 months will cost $1,800 more.

Once again there is a premium to be paid for going green in leasing an BEV.
If the 30,000 miles per year allowance is not a typo, I'm going to say that Fisker is way cheaper for someone who drives a lot. When things were "normal" at my job, there were a lot of folks who commuted from the next small city over (~100 mile round trip, ~25K miles per year).

You'll need to redo the on the Edge lease with it driven 90K miles over the 3 year lease period.

Now the $379 is likely for the low end RWD model. Suppose all in for a decent model with the down payment amortized and taxes is closer to $500. $18,000 for 90Kmiles looks pretty darned good.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the 30,000 miles per year allowance is not a typo, I'm going to say that Fisker is way cheaper for someone who drives a lot. When things were "normal" at my job, there were a lot of folks who commuted from the next small city over (~100 mile round trip, ~25K miles per year).

You'll need to redo the on the Edge lease with it driven 90K miles over the 3 year lease period.

Now the $379 is likely for the low end RWD model. Suppose all in for a decent model with the down payment amortized and taxes is closer to $500. $18,000 for 90Kmiles looks pretty darned good.
If the lease is for 30,000 miles per year it is OK.

My leases are for 10,000 miles per year and that is sufficient.

·
Registered
194 Posts
If the lease is for 30,000 miles per year it is OK.

My leases are for 10,000 miles per year and that is sufficient.
From an economics standpoint, at present there is no point in leasing a BEV when driving 10K miles per year and living someplace where gasoline is relatively cheap.

·
Registered
562 Posts
From an economics standpoint, at present there is no point in leasing a BEV when driving 10K miles per year and living someplace where gasoline is relatively cheap.
Life's choices shouldn't revolve purely around economics.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Life's choices shouldn't revolve purely around economics.
The only reason to buy and/or lease a BEV is not to save money but to go green.

Each person has to decide how much extra they are willing to pay today, knowing full well that every six months going forward range will increase and price will decrease, to go green rather than waiting.

With the above in mind, I will only lease as I believe the resale value of BEV will decline precipitously.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts