Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,009 Posts
Most car companies are now offering this. There are ads all over the tv pushing this.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In Germany they're doing this as well. A few dealerships in my town already are offering test drives without violating the rules of social distancing

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
725 Posts
Even Tesla had models to test drive before purchase and/or lease.

I for one, will not buy/lease without a test drive: Based on the roll out of the new Explorer, the three recalls, the dreadful write ups about quality control and materials, I am very, very much concerned about first year production of the Mach E.

If I had my druthers, I would wait a couple years for Ford to work the inevitable "bugs" in a brand new platform and car.

I have reserved the First Edition, so my only "option" is color. However, by the time my First Edition is ready, I will already be 76, so waiting another 2 to 3 years is not a realistic option for me!

But I still have to drive it before I buy and/or lease it!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Even Tesla had models to test drive before purchase and/or lease.

I for one, will not buy/lease without a test drive: Based on the roll out of the new Explorer, the three recalls, the dreadful write ups about quality control and materials, I am very, very much concerned about first year production of the Mach E.

If I had my druthers, I would wait a couple years for Ford to work the inevitable "bugs" in a brand new platform and car.

I have reserved the First Edition, so my only "option" is color. However, by the time my First Edition is ready, I will already be 76, so waiting another 2 to 3 years is not a realistic option for me!

But I still have to drive it before I buy and/or lease it!
I too would rather wait through the "bug" workout phase. But am excited to drive a electric with the national presence of Ford (vs Tesla nearest dealership 70 miles away). I have a feeling that First Edition may be Beta test. Maybe not. We'll soon find out on this forum. Good luck to ALL.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I too would rather wait through the "bug" workout phase. But am excited to drive a electric with the national presence of Ford (vs Tesla nearest dealership 70 miles away). I have a feeling that First Edition may be Beta test. Maybe not. We'll soon find out on this forum. Good luck to ALL.
I think it will be OK. I ordered and bought one of the first C-Max's. I never had issues with it other than some minor trim and liftgate work that dealer was able to solve. It has had no problems in 7 years I've owned it other than the APM issue, which is common. But of course this is all anecdotal.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
A big part of a test drive is actually experiencing the build quality as well as the ride and handling. Its why i hope Ford figures out a way to make these test vehicles available earlier than indicated.

fingers crossed!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts