Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought the 6 yr 100,000 mile Ford Protect Premium Care Extended Service Plan for Electric Vehicles. Cost at the time of purchase was $1,100. To many electronics can go wrong down the road.
Holy sh**, only $1,100?!? If my dealer had offered me 6 years, 100,000 miles for only $1,100, I would have taken the deal. Instead, the best offer they could make was 8 years, 85,000 miles for $2,750. And that was after I had said no several times and gotten them down from $4,400 and $3,700.

$1,100 would have been an instant yes. I would have said yes if they came down $1,900 or better.

·
Super Moderator
3,074 Posts
For existing owners interested in adding a Ford Extended Service Plan to their vehicle, you can see details and prices from the Ford link below (or from the warranty page in the FordPass app).

For pricing, you enter owner info, your VIN, and current mileage. You then select the plan and duration. There also seems to be a payment plan option.

On three cars I’ve owned Ford ESP, I’ve used it on one, which made it worth the money. The second ran out before I needed a repair. On the third, I traded in before the ESP term was up, and I got a pro-rated refund.

Just my personal experience.

·
Registered
48 Posts
For existing owners interested in adding a Ford Extended Service Plan to their vehicle, you can see details and prices from the Ford link below (or from the warranty page in the FordPass app).

For pricing, you enter owner info, your VIN, and current mileage. You then select the plan and duration. There also seems to be a payment plan option.

On three cars I’ve owned Ford ESP, I’ve used it on one, which made it worth the money. The second ran out before I needed a repair. On the third, I traded in before the ESP term was up, and I got a pro-rated refund.

Just my personal experience.

I looked into a couple links I found on the forum where dealers have their prices posted. I saw where I can add the 8 year / 100,000 mile warranty with the $100 deductible for around $1,250.

it’s sad that my dealer 1) started at $4,400 for this plan, 2)had their best and final at 8 year / 85,000 for $2,750 and 3) never even mentioned that you can pick between plans with $0, $50, $100 or $200 deductible.

now again, I should have done my homework before picking up the vehicle and finalizing the deal.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I looked into a couple links I found on the forum where dealers have their prices posted. I saw where I can add the 8 year / 100,000 mile warranty with the $100 deductible for around $1,250.

it’s sad that my dealer 1) started at $4,400 for this plan, 2)had their best and final at 8 year / 85,000 for $2,750 and 3) never even mentioned that you can pick between plans with $0, $50, $100 or $200 deductible.

now again, I should have done my homework before picking up the vehicle and finalizing the deal.
my dealer knew I was skeptical, and I knew that I could get it online cheaper, but finally got it for around $1400. (the $100 deductible one).

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You are correct. I double checked one of the Ford dealer’s website that posts their prices.
Ford Premium Care 8yr / 125k with $100 deductible is $2,119.

8yr / 100k / $100 = $1,619. I would have taken this option and still might.
just so I'm clear on this, the 8 year includes the original three year warranty (the extended warranty adds 5 yrs). I was very careful when I got my extended to verify that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
just so I'm clear on this, the 8 year includes the original three year warranty (the extended warranty adds 5 yrs). I was very careful when I got my extended to verify that.
Well yes and no. If you bought the warranty at the same time you purchased the vehicle, then yes, it just extends it to 8 years. But say you waited 10 months to purchase the warranty. Then it’s 8 years from the date of the purchase of the warranty. Or 100,000 miles on the odometer, whichever comes first

·
Registered
495 Posts
The best time to buy an extended warranty is just before the factory warranty runs out, I did that twice with VWs with bumper to bumper no deductible coverage that extended my coverage 6 more years for a Touareg and 7 more years for a Passat, purchased through VW Credit at the end of leases. Do some shopping then, remembering that the big bills are already covered with the HV battery/drive train warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The best time to buy an extended warranty is just before the factory warranty runs out, I did that twice with VWs with bumper to bumper no deductible coverage that extended my coverage 6 more years for a Touareg and 7 more years for a Passat, purchased through VW Credit at the end of leases. Do some shopping then, remembering that the big bills are already covered with the HV battery/drive train warranty.
Does anyone know how the pricing changes if you wait and buy just prior to the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper warranty expiring vs buying in the first yr of ownership? I guess prices can increase because of inflation but all else equal is it cheaper to buy right away vs 3 years from now?

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Does anyone know how the pricing changes if you wait and buy just prior to the 3yr/36k bumper to bumper warranty expiring vs buying in the first yr of ownership? I guess prices can increase because of inflation but all else equal is it cheaper to buy right away vs 3 years from now?
Prices overtime tend to go up rather than down.

However, with the MachE, the extended warranties were priced as if the MachE was an ICE. I suspect that the amount of maintenance on the MachE, will be substantially less than on an ICE, and that extended warranties will go down, not up in price as the lower cost of maintenance and repairs are factored in.

But personally I see no reason to buy an extended warranty at time of purchase:

• Between now and the end of the warranty, you may trade in your MachE, it could be totaled in an accident or stolen.
  • Whatever the cost of an extended warranty is now, you must add in cost of money for three years, 36 months. Money at just 5%, means you must add 15% to the cost of the extended warranty if you buy it when you buy your car.
  • The expensive parts of the MachE, the batteries are warranted for 8 years or 100,000 miles and the electric motors for 5 years or 60,000 miles.

·
Super Moderator
3,074 Posts
After seeing new car prices, interest rates, and scarcity continue to rise, I decided to keep my 21 MMe4X premium and just added Ford ESP PremiumCare plan after 20k miles.

The overall price doesn’t change since the Extended Warranty doesn’t start at warranty purchase date, but at the vehicle purchase date.

Also, call the Ford ESP phone number to get a price quote. The online system is not configured yet to handle the Mach-e properly.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts