Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently on my third F150. I've owned a 2013, 2015, 2017 King Ranch and really like the room, power, and luxuries this truck offers. Looking to try something new and have a reservation for a Mach E GT. I've been curious about electric and have a buddy with a Tesla Model 3 Performance. Let me tell you about the acceleration. Wow! 0-60 in under 3 seconds will literally snap your head back to the seat if you don't have it there first. I'm just not a Tesla fan from the looks, price and support perspective. Really like the looks of this CUV and have no problem with it being called a Mustang. Would think Ford wouldn't want a new vehicle or CUV that outperformed the existing GT Mustang so why not call it a Mustang? They aren't making any other cars anymore anyway. Looking forward to the journey!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome to the forum Helicopter! Did you ever consider looking at another EV? Or were you always focused on the Mach-E?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Welcome @Helicopter! What is it about the Tesla design that you don't like? I don't mind the design but their pricing is too much for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome @Helicopter! What is it about the Tesla design that you don't like? I don't mind the design but their pricing is too much for me.
The only one that looks good to me is the Model S and it is way more expensive. The other models look like a VW bug with the hood stretched out to me. The interior on the Model 3 is very drab as well compared to my F150. We'll see what the Mach E looks like in person!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome to the forum Helicopter! Did you ever consider looking at another EV? Or were you always focused on the Mach-E?
I was just waiting for something from a well known, locally available dealer that was affordable and had sub 4 second 0-60 performance, good range and roomy. At a price I can afford of course. This is the first one that fits the bill. I have 5 Ford dealerships within 30 mins of my house and 2 within 15 mins here in Dallas.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Welcome Helicopter!

Have you also considered this upcoming F-150 Electric that Ford is planning on launching?

And has your dealer said much about when you might get it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I was just waiting for something from a well known, locally available dealer that was affordable and had sub 4 second 0-60 performance, good range and roomy. At a price I can afford of course. This is the first one that fits the bill. I have 5 Ford dealerships within 30 mins of my house and 2 within 15 mins here in Dallas.
I don't blame you for waiting at all, there's an EV boom now and there's going to be so much variety soon. That's incredibly handy that there's so many Ford dealers within 30 min of you!

·
Registered
88 Posts
The only one that looks good to me is the Model S and it is way more expensive. The other models look like a VW bug with the hood stretched out to me. The interior on the Model 3 is very drab as well compared to my F150. We'll see what the Mach E looks like in person!
Yeah the Tesla Model is incredible bland. I actually don't mind the VW EVs but the one I'd get (the electric hippie bus) isn't coming out for a while.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Yeah the Tesla Model is incredible bland. I actually don't mind the VW EVs but the one I'd get (the electric hippie bus) isn't coming out for a while.
It was a very smart move by Volskwagen to announce that they're bringing back the microbus. I don't know if I'd get one but it's generated a lot of hype.

·
Registered
88 Posts
It was a very smart move by Volskwagen to announce that they're bringing back the microbus. I don't know if I'd get one but it's generated a lot of hype.
I don't if there's a better suited vehicle to bring back as an EV than the hippie bus. Going electric just fits it so well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts