Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
That pedestrian alert sound its pretty annoying to listen to lol. I guess that means it'll do its job effectively.

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
That pedestrian alert sound its pretty annoying to listen to lol. I guess that means it'll do its job effectively.
Take into consideration, the recording is up close to the speaker under the vehicle at ‘idle’. Acoustics change when hearing it standing next to the vehicle and when vehicle is in motion (Reflection, reverberation, dispersion, ambient noise and Doppler effect)
I really cannot wait to experience this vehicle up close.

Since these photos are from inside the plant, this video also hints that the factory is closer to production than i would have thought.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Take into consideration, the recording is up close to the speaker under the vehicle at ‘idle’. Acoustics change when hearing it standing next to the vehicle and when vehicle is in motion (Reflection, reverberation, dispersion, ambient noise and Doppler effect)
I really cannot wait to experience this vehicle up close.

Since these photos are from inside the plant, this video also hints that the factory is closer to production than i would have thought.
Yeah they got some really close up shots of the speaker and other parts of the car. Also, have we seen the California Route 1 badge before or is that new?

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
355 Posts
It was also nice to see clarification in pictures that the European and US MMEs come with different charging ports. It's been interesting to see how many of the vehicles going to shows in the US have the Euro ports.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was believing that the sound would be like an ICE sport car! Do you know if we could get any sound of our choice instead of this?

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
I was believing that the sound would be like an ICE sport car! Do you know if we could get any sound of our choice instead of this?
I don’t think the sound in the video is accurate. Its supposed to change based on drive modes and speed.
as for changing, i could easily see ‘mods’ being offered via OTA update.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Different sounds for different purposes. The pedestrian warning sound is for folks outside the car to hear. The sounds that change per driver preference are audible inside the car.

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
Ford said in an interview on YouTube that the Mach E outside ‘engine’ sounds are made to disguise the required regulatory sound.

Their idea is to make the Mach E Sound instantly recognized when it is on the street.

·
Registered
311 Posts
sounds are made to disguise the required regulatory sound
The regulations say it has to make some sound but not what that sound is; I am not sure what you mean by "disguise" unless that is an autocorrection for a word like "produce"?

·
Super Moderator
353 Posts
No, i meant disguise. Its more of an overlay, though.

The US regulation (FMVSS No. 141) has specific guidelines about the frequencies, dB, modulation, etc, of an EVs generated sound. They also have a “sameness” clause based on make/model that does not allow for trim differences (MMe GT would sound the same as a Select trim), user selection, etc.

According to the interview (I believe it was with Darren Palmer of Ford) Fords solution was to generate sound that met the requirement, but overlay additional sounds to produce unique experiences.

based on reviewing petitions submitted in 2018, an addendum was recommended by the NHTSA in September 2019 to allow for sound variations and user selection, as long as they met the rest if the “sameness” clauses. It has not yet been adopted into the regulation, although its expected to.

·
Registered
311 Posts
No, i meant disguise. Its more of an overlay, though.

The US regulation (FMVSS No. 141) has specific guidelines about the frequencies, dB, modulation, etc, of an EVs generated sound. They also have a “sameness” clause based on make/model that does not allow for trim differences (MMe GT would sound the same as a Select trim), user selection, etc.

According to the interview (I believe it was with Darren Palmer of Ford) Fords solution was to generate sound that met the requirement, but overlay additional sounds to produce unique experiences.

based on reviewing petitions submitted in 2018, an addendum was recommended by the NHTSA in September 2019 to allow for sound variations and user selection, as long as they met the rest if the “sameness” clauses. It has not yet been adopted into the regulation, although its expected to.
Interesting, thanks for sharing that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts