Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m confused, why isn’t Ford adding level 3 fast charging stations to all its dealerships. I realize they have commitments with electrify America, but imagine the comfort of having a level 3 EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
621 Posts
According to a source of mine who works for Ford corporate. Ford is requiring dealerships to install 2 chargers (level up to dealership) if they want to sell EV vehicle.
Right, but whether that is level 2 or dcfc seems to be up to the dealer. My suspicion is that most will install level 2

·
Registered
101 Posts
is it more expensive? like i cant see the reason why a dealership after it has decided to sell EVs (a big win already) will be ok with just level 2 if nothing else stops them from having level 3

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
is it more expensive? like i cant see the reason why a dealership after it has decided to sell EVs (a big win already) will be ok with just level 2 if nothing else stops them from having level 3
Totally agree, but I genuinely think a lot of dealerships are uneducated about EV vehicles.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The reluctance to install Level 3 might be cost (can be $10,000 - $ 50,000). It can mean installing a 480 volt transformer if not existing. There is also other equipment that Ford is mandating to EV certified dealers. For a dealer that only sells a few Mach E's the first year that might be a short term burden. I think my dealer has one Level 3 in the service bay and one Level 2 outside the building.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The reluctance to install Level 3 might be cost (can be $10,000 - $ 50,000). It can mean installing a 480 volt transformer if not existing. There is also other equipment that Ford is mandating to EV certified dealers. For a dealer that only sells a few Mach E's the first year that might be a short term burden. I think my dealer has one Level 3 in the service bay and one Level 2 outside the building.
As an add on to my post EA is designing their charge cables with liquid cooling so they can keep the electrical wires cool. That's got to cost a few $$$.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts