Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
I thought you would be interested in this story I found on MSN: What Would You Like To Know About the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E? What Would You Like To Know About the 2021 Ford Mustang Mach-E?
What Do I Want To Know About The MMe?
Where's Mine?
Sent from Mail for Windows 10
I'll be super excited whenever the first person announces their status has moved beyond 'In Production'. Today my charging station (installed early for tax purposes) started bugging me because I haven't used it yet.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll be super excited whenever the first person announces their status has moved beyond 'In Production'. Today my charging station (installed early for tax purposes) started bugging me because I haven't used it yet.
I've been using mine on my Fusion. No more 'all nighters' with the 120v

·
Registered
342 Posts
I've been using mine on my Fusion. No more 'all nighters' with the 120v
I've ended my string of expensive toys (German and Italian) for a different kind of expensive toy (Mach E), so I've been borrowing a car since September so nothing to charge. If anyone needs a charge around Buffalo, NY, let me know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Looks great @Thomas 1970! Did it take long to get it installed?
Excluding the outlet, it was a very easy install. It comes with a plate that you screw to the wall, then you slide the unit onto the plate. When I installed the outlet, I placed it at a height that would allow me to plug in the unit and hang it at a convenient height. Here are a couple more pics.

·
Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Excluding the outlet, it was a very easy install. It comes with a plate that you screw to the wall, then you slide the unit onto the plate. When I installed the outlet, I placed it at a height that would allow me to plug in the unit and hang it at a convenient height. Here are a couple more pics.
View attachment 3277
View attachment 3278 View attachment 3279
Mine was mounted in minutes but I had to try several times to get the app to pair with my Wi Fi but that may have been 'operator' error.

·
Registered
Grabber Blue FE
114 Posts
My ChargePoint Flex arrives tomorrow.

Did you all install a 60A breaker and hardwire to ChargePoint? That's probably the route I'm going.

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
My ChargePoint Flex arrives tomorrow.

Did you all install a 60A breaker and hardwire to ChargePoint? That's probably the route I'm going.
Its going to be hard-wired. Just waiting for the Electrician to call me back.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mine is still in the box. Waiting on the electrician...
Oh, that takes me back. Mine sat like that for a month. For the record, the Flex is stupid easy to mount to the wall. Line up the paper template on the wall, put a couple of screws into a stud and you're done. Make sure it's mounted high enough that it satisfies local code.

·
Super Moderator
2,711 Posts
Oh, that takes me back. Mine sat like that for a month. For the record, the Flex is stupid easy to mount to the wall. Line up the paper template on the wall, put a couple of screws into a stud and you're done. Make sure it's mounted high enough that it satisfies local code.
Yeah, seems easy.

Its the drilling through brick and mortar to run the power cabling thats the pain. He is scheduled for Monday.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts