Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FordPass app froze and would not open on my iPhone XI Pro for over an hour. I deleted the app and started again. I didn't think to reset the ParK so I was without the ability to start the car. I totally forgot the passcode. I have had quite a bit of problems in the past with the key not detected but there always seemed to be a way to get it to work in a relatively short amount of time. I do feel very insecure to rely on this feature right now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
My FordPass app froze and would not open on my iPhone XI Pro for over an hour. I deleted the app and started again. I didn't think to reset the ParK so I was without the ability to start the car. I totally forgot the passcode. I have had quite a bit of problems in the past with the key not detected but there always seemed to be a way to get it to work in a relatively short amount of time. I do feel very insecure to rely on this feature right now.
We need a class action to have Ford issue a 2nd keyfob. I have this issue all the time.

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,581 Posts
We need a class action to have Ford issue a 2nd keyfob. I have this issue all the time.
Possibly but what good would two fobs do for people like me who don't carrying the fob? I would rather a working PaaK (mine does fine) since I always have my phone. On that note I just received a notification on FordPass that Android 11 and PaaK don't always 'play nice together' and therefore PaaK may not work. However Ford stated "that they're working with with Google to rectify the problem. Mean time if issue occurs use the Fob or codes".

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended battery AWD
17 Posts
I was having a lot of problem getting my PAAK to work. One day I went to unlock the car using the pillar without my phone or fob and the alarm started going off. I had to go find the fob to stop it. After that, I couldn’t even open the FordPass app on my phone. After deleting and reinstalling, I was not able to get the PAAK on my phone without going to the dealership and having 2 people work on it for me. I ended up buying a 2nd fob (which cost over $300) because I do not want to get stuck somewhere without one and do not want to rely on just having the one fob. Are there any updates to the PAAK to be on the lookout for? ”IF” it worked correctly, I would love it!

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I was having a lot of problem getting my PAAK to work. One day I went to unlock the car using the pillar without my phone or fob and the alarm started going off. I had to go find the fob to stop it. After that, I couldn’t even open the FordPass app on my phone. After deleting and reinstalling, I was not able to get the PAAK on my phone without going to the dealership and having 2 people work on it for me. I ended up buying a 2nd fob (which cost over $300) because I do not want to get stuck somewhere without one and do not want to rely on just having the one fob. Are there any updates to the PAAK to be on the lookout for? ”IF” it worked correctly, I would love it!
Not certain which you use but Android 11 being worked on (see above post) Ford will notify when accomplished, no word on IOS

·
Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I have an iPhone 12 Pro
No info on that but several posts from IOS users that are experiencing problems. Don't understand the code setting off the alarm. I set mine off by opening the rear door and I used the code to shut down the alarm

·
Registered
405 Posts
FWIW, I had my first post-recall total PAAK failure over the weekend. Had to unlock with a code and then the backup start code wouldn't work. No error, just kept dropping me back to the enter code screen. It almost ended with me having to find a ride home for my mother-in-law but after playing with my phone and the car a bit I got it to start. I'll just carry the fob for the rest of the time I have the car, PAAK isn't worth the bother.

iPhone 12 Pro for the record.

·
Registered
25 Posts
FORD should be embarrassed 😳 charging you for the second fob due to the inept design of the PAAK. Sad early chapter for this car.

·
Registered
2021 Mustang Mach-E Premium extended battery AWD
17 Posts
Does should be embarrassed 😳 charging you for the second fob due to the inept design of the PAAK. Sad early chapter for this car.
I agree! I think everyone should get at least 2 fobs regardless of how well PAAK works.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts