Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered

Super Moderator
Congratulations!!! Looks just like mine. Have you played with the mobile charger? I plugged in the 120V cable and now can't remove it. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Use da muscles! 馃挭馃徏

kidding aside, It may not come out easily, it would be dangerous if the connector could separate from the control box without a lot of effort.

Do the instructions that came with the charger detail how to swap the connectors? Maybe you have to depress a release-button or something?

Registered
Use da muscles! 馃挭馃徏

kidding aside, It may not come out easily, it would be dangerous if the connector could separate from the control box without a lot of effort.

Do the instructions that came with the charger detail how to swap the connectors? Maybe you have to depress a release-button or something?
Chinese instructions for a 2nd grader. No release buttons that I see. Pulled fairly hard. I guess I'll try the strong arm approach. Called Ford and they transferred me to my dealer who knows less than I do. Perhaps tweet the CEO next? Thanks for your response.

Super Moderator
Chinese instructions for a 2nd grader. No release buttons that I see. Pulled fairly hard. I guess I'll try the strong arm approach. Called Ford and they transferred me to my dealer who knows less than I do. Perhaps tweet the CEO next? Thanks for your response.
The Owners Manual just says to 鈥楩ollow the installation instructions provided on the document included in the bag.鈥

How foolish of me to think a high-voltage device would have detailed instructions 馃う馃徎

Registered
The Owners Manual just says to 鈥楩ollow the installation instructions provided on the document included in the bag.鈥

How foolish of me to think a high-voltage device would have detailed instructions 馃う馃徎
My Service Manager just called me back after contacting Ford. Grab by cord and pull firmly. Might be very tight being new. Ok. I'll try when I get home. I was afraid of damaging the cord.

Super Moderator
@Richard L. - try slightly rocking the connector side-to-side (towards the short-ends) as you pull.

Registered
Congrats! Grabber blue has to be the best color.

Always a surprise when it shows up early. That's nice.

Make sure to add your info to the owner's registry.

Registered
Congrats! Grabber blue has to be the best color.

Always a surprise when it shows up early. That's nice.

Make sure to add your info to the owner's registry.
Already done.

Registered
@Richard L. - try slightly rocking the connector side-to-side (towards the short-ends) as you pull.
Removed it successfully. Yay!!! The connector was even with surface so rocking was not an option. Braced the charger between my legs and grabbed the cable with both hands. It took some force to pop it out. I did it a few more times and it got easier. Alls well that ends well. BTW I had left the charger in the charge port to see what would happen. 19% in 23 hours 37 minutes. Next charge on the 240V outlet.

Super Moderator
Removed it successfully. Yay!!! The connector was even with surface so rocking was not an option. Braced the charger between my legs and grabbed the cable with both hands. It took some force to pop it out. I did it a few more times and it got easier. Alls well that ends well. BTW I had left the charger in the charge port to see what would happen. 19% in 23 hours 37 minutes. Next charge on the 240V outlet.
Glad you didn鈥檛 pull a hernia!

Charging at 240 will seem like lightning compared to 110.

Registered
Very nice car. What trim is it? First Edition? (re-read the post) Guess color match is for that trim? I notice the wheel well trim is color matched. On my premium they are black. That is a great color.

Registered
I believe this button is pressed to unlock the charging cable from the port.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts