Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Thinking of driving from Cleveland, OH to Sanibel island, FL in April. 1,225 miles each way.... AWD, Standard range

Not sure though.
1,225 miles with an AWD/SR? Thats sounds like a blog in the making.
If you are seriously thinking about this, plan it well!
Also, I would wait until Electrify America finishes their station upgrades.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
975 Posts
If you are seriously thinking about this, plan it well!
Also, I would wait until Electrify America finishes their station upgrades.
That doesn't look like a bad route at all. Stops every 1.5-3 hours, most charges around 30 minutes -- at least in a Mach E4x.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
That doesn't look like a bad route at all. Stops every 1.5-3 hours, most charges around 30 minutes -- at least in a Mach E4x.
According to ABRP, It was 6+ hours of charging on the AWD/SR (which @Metal_Horses referenced).

One leg also had a speed-limit because the charging stations on it are out-of-service, which is why I recommended waiting until EA finish their upgrades.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
975 Posts
According to ABRP, It was 6+ hours of charging on the AWD/SR (which @Metal_Horses referenced).

One leg also had a speed-limit because the charging stations on it are out-of-service, which is why I recommended waiting until EA finish their upgrades.
Yes but the charging time goes down with wise choices: meals at the 50 minute charging stops and you drop one charge entirely for the overnight if you pick a hotel with a charger. I wouldn't cannonball that run.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
Yes but the charging time goes down with wise choices: meals at the 50 minute charging stops and you drop one charge entirely for the overnight if you pick a hotel with a charger. I wouldn't cannonball that run.
True. If you have the time, it would be a nice blogging trip.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Lol - I'm not the blogger type, but that thought did cross my mind... :unsure:

I didn't know about this "A Better Route Planner". Thank you, I've been looking for a site exactly like this! I'll have to play with this and look into these speed limit things because of the offline stations.

To be honest, this is going to be hard to talk the wife into. It's the long drive back home after a week of vacation that sucks. Making that any longer will just suck that much more.

Taking a 18h 15m drive with tolls in an ICE and turning it into a 27h 44m trip probably isn't going to fly. That's 50% longer! Maybe if I were alone and had an extra couple days of vacation.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Looking more at this, it's not actually too bad. The "Go 62mph on a 70mph road" is avoided by an overnight stay and leaving with a full charge, which we'd do anyway.

I guess a surprise (And maybe I should know this) is that charging up on the road is just as expensive as gasoline for a 25 mpg vehicle. I never really looked into charging costs because 99% of the Mach-e's use will be from home.

End result is a slower trip and losing the good part of the day at our destination (Arriving in the evening instead of the morning)

Question to the group: Even though a "BMW Dealership" is part of the Ford charge network, how would one just pull up to a BMW, Nissan, or whatever non-Ford dealership and plug in for an hour taking their free electricity. Seems awkward?

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Looking more at this, it's not actually too bad. The "Go 62mph on a 70mph road" is avoided by an overnight stay and leaving with a full charge, which we'd do anyway.

I guess a surprise (And maybe I should know this) is that charging up on the road is just as expensive as gasoline for a 25 mpg vehicle. I never really looked into charging costs because 99% of the Mach-e's use will be from home.

End result is a slower trip and losing the good part of the day at our destination (Arriving in the evening instead of the morning)

Question to the group: Even though a "BMW Dealership" is part of the Ford charge network, how would one just pull up to a BMW, Nissan, or whatever non-Ford dealership and plug in for an hour taking their free electricity. Seems awkward?
I understand the awkward feeling but I would do it. If ford ever gets dcfc stations installed, and I had a bmw, I would do that, too.

The world will be as better place if we all share chargers.

But I would rather just stay at a hotel and plug in overnight...

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
I understand the awkward feeling but I would do it. If ford ever gets dcfc stations installed, and I had a bmw, I would do that, too.

The world will be as better place if we all share chargers.

But I would rather just stay at a hotel and plug in overnight...
Its like needing a restroom, the longer you wait the more desperate you become. Until the point the awkwardness is overridden and you just gotta do what what you gotta do...🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm also thinking I'll make the 300 mile trip to Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA in early June. Looks like my old Bronco won't be ready so I'll caravan down with my friends old Mustangs in the Mach-e. Although my buddies are already groaning about the 1h 35m of charging time 😂

Will be interesting if they add a class for the Mach-e (Which I doubt) or if they'll just lump them in with the other SUVs. Either way, it'll get a lot of looks and mostly negative comments, but I like being that 'in your face' guy.

·
Super Moderator
1,166 Posts
I'm also thinking I'll make the 300 mile trip to Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA in early June. Looks like my old Bronco won't be ready so I'll caravan down with my friends old Mustangs in the Mach-e. Although my buddies are already groaning about the 1h 35m of charging time 😂

Will be interesting if they add a class for the Mach-e (Which I doubt) or if they'll just lump them in with the other SUVs. Either way, it'll get a lot of looks and mostly negative comments, but I like being that 'in your face' guy.
I’m sure you won’t be the only one there with an MMe. Maybe Ford themselves will drop by with a MMe GT (June 4 may be too early for customers to have them)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Once around the island?
Exactly! Up through Waimea, along the Hamakua coast (the less direct way to Hilo), into Hilo along the bay, down to Volcano Village for lunch, a stop at Volcanoes National Park, then south on the belt highway to the southern most town in the USA. Naalehu, for hot malasadas and coffee while testing out the Greenlots DCFC there (not required), then north through Kona and back home for high quality L2 charging and a good cook (me).

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 52 Posts