Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
997 Posts
Exactly! Up through Waimea, along the Hamakua coast (the less direct way to Hilo), into Hilo along the bay, down to Volcano Village for lunch, a stop at Volcanoes National Park, then south on the belt highway to the southern most town in the USA. Naalehu, for hot malasadas and coffee while testing out the Greenlots DCFC there (not required), then north through Kona and back home for high quality L2 charging and a good cook (me).

;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where in Naalehu, the Punalu'u Bake Shop? Great snack spot.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Where in Naalehu, the Punalu'u Bake Shop? Great snack spot.
Yup. Second best malasadas in the State. Leonard’s Bakery on Oahu makes the best hands down. Unfortunately I neglected to order the deep snorkel and water tight cabin option for my premium awd and can’t drive there.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yup. Second best malasadas in the State. Leonard’s Bakery on Oahu makes the best hands down. Unfortunately I neglected to order the deep snorkel and water tight cabin option for my premium awd and can’t drive there.

Agreed. There was a malasada truck frequenting the side of the road near Hapuna Beach last time I was there. They were pretty good and very fresh.

·
Registered
First Edition Mach-E, Carbonized Grey #10004515, GT Mach-E, White # 10006557
18 Posts
Where will you go on your first drive with your Mach-E?

Like, an actual drive... not just home from the dealership.
From LA to Vail after Christmas for a mini ski trip. I would normally fly...but this sounds like a perfect opportunity to get to know and test my Mach-E. Does anyone know if I need to put snow tires on it? How about chains? (Some of the roads and National Parks require chains - even on my 2018 F-150 Limited 4x4)

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
From LA to Vail after Christmas for a mini ski trip. I would normally fly...but this sounds like a perfect opportunity to get to know and test my Mach-E. Does anyone know if I need to put snow tires on it? How about chains? (Some of the roads and National Parks require chains - even on my 2018 F-150 Limited 4x4)
I don't normally install chains on an AWD, but you can read the regs as requiring then to be in your possession. I think putting them in the trunk/frunk and then not getting stuck is good enough.

But that is free advice and probably worth what you paid for it...:)

·
Registered
997 Posts
from Traction & Chain Laws
Traction Law
During winter storms, or when conditions require, CDOT will implement the Traction Law. During a Traction Law, all motorists are required to have EITHER:

1. 4WD or AWD vehicle and 3/16” tread depth
  2. Tires with a mud and snow designation (M+S icon) and 3/16” tread depth
  3. Winter tires (mountain-snowflake icon) and 3/16” tread depth
  4. Tires with an all-weather rating by the manufacturer and 3/16” tread depth
  5. Chains or an AutoSock®
When we lived in CO our Outback was fine as it was for ski trips with lots of snow dumps. Ditto for my Tacoma 4x4. We had a second set of snow tires for the Outback but they weren't required.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
from Traction & Chain Laws
Traction Law
During winter storms, or when conditions require, CDOT will implement the Traction Law. During a Traction Law, all motorists are required to have EITHER:

1. 4WD or AWD vehicle and 3/16” tread depth
  2. Tires with a mud and snow designation (M+S icon) and 3/16” tread depth
  3. Winter tires (mountain-snowflake icon) and 3/16” tread depth
  4. Tires with an all-weather rating by the manufacturer and 3/16” tread depth
  5. Chains or an AutoSock®
When we lived in CO our Outback was fine as it was for ski trips with lots of snow dumps. Ditto for my Tacoma 4x4. We had a second set of snow tires for the Outback but they weren't required.
This law seems amazingly weak. As I get this, a RWD F-150 with snow tires, without the almost-obligatory snow scooped into the box, would be legal. And about one step above a hog on ice.

That isn't even close to chains...

41 - 52 of 52 Posts