Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rather than becoming a crossover, YouTuber Paul Designs suggests that Ford should've went with a 4-door sports for the Mach-E instead. He films himself drawing out his design as he explains his reasoning.

This is what he came up with.

Ford Mustang Mach-E 4-Door Sports Car

·
Super Moderator
1,194 Posts
The MMe as a sedan would have limited its audience. As a CUV it opens itself up to many more potential customers.
the muscle car enthusiasts would have preferred it as close to the original formula. But they are a niche market and Ford is looking for greater sales.
Maybe in the future an EV coupe/sedan will be offered.

·
Registered
MME First Edition Rapid Red
210 Posts
While I can't say that I would not have bought the vehicle he is suggesting (I wanted an EV made by Ford), I have to say I am much happier with the MME they came up with. I really would have liked it to be even a bit more SUV, but I am fine with the current design.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
990 Posts
Rather than becoming a crossover, YouTuber Paul Designs suggests that Ford should've went with a 4-door sports for the Mach-E instead. He films himself drawing out his design as he explains his reasoning.

This is what he came up with.

View attachment 1562
Finally watched the video. I'm not that thrilled. The "grill" is way too big an flat for a BEV as it'll introduce lots of resistance. If it won't provide headroom, it becomes a Mustang with easy back seat access. Nice idea but not very daring. Going "just a little more but not SUV" means it's an electric Focus and Ford already said it was retiring it's US sedans except for the Mustang coupe.

I'll go back to my argument for why the Mach E IS a Mustang. The 1965 pony was about attitude. It was about bringing something new to the American car buyers. Back then, folks were buying sedans, so Ford went for a sports coupe.

Today if you want to bring attitude the the cars Americans are buying, the target is an SUV/CUV.

A Mustang SUV makes not sense. A Mustang CUV does, and that's really what it is. SUVs near clearance and cargo capacity. You need to be willing to at least do mild off-road. A CUV doesn't have to do that. A CUV has to be able to handle ice and snow (but not feet of it) and be able to be driven off of paved roads without worry. It needs to carry enough cargo to be practical. At the same time, it lends itself to being sporty, aggressive and fast in ways that even aerodynamic cargo boxes can't.

I realized I just wandered back into the "Is the Mach E really a Mustang" thread, but so does Paul, repeatedly. He also delivers a perfectly nice, sporty Focus-E.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts