Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
MME, Infinite Blue, Premium, RWD, ER.
Discussion Starter #1
I tried using the trip planner in the car today and it took me on a major detour to at 60kw charger 馃檮

Thus: Does anyone know of a way to limit the chargers in the Ford trip planner to a specific network (for example ElectrifyAmerica), because the idea of the trip planner is great: Charge to 54% here, drive to the next and charge to 67% there, etc.

Just not so great when it takes you on a 100mile detour and to a slower charger.

Registered
Mustang Rapid Red Mach-E First Edition
There is a way to limit the navigation to just Fast Chargers but not just to Electrify America. In Navigation, click on Where To?, then chargers, and once it starts listed them on the top right there is an icon to filter the results and you can filter to just Fast Charging but you will still get those 60kw chargers. What I do is use the Electrify America or Plug Share apps, map out my route and find the chargers I want to use. Then I use the Ford Navigation to navigate to that specific location. I would do the same thing when I owned a Tesla as I didn't always want to use the Supercharges the nav recommend. I find for me that works much better.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
There is a way to limit the navigation to just Fast Chargers but not just to Electrify America. In Navigation, click on Where To?, then chargers, and once it starts listed them on the top right there is an icon to filter the results and you can filter to just Fast Charging but you will still get those 60kw chargers. What I do is use the Electrify America or Plug Share apps, map out my route and find the chargers I want to use. Then I use the Ford Navigation to navigate to that specific location. I would do the same thing when I owned a Tesla as I didn't always want to use the Supercharges the nav recommend. I find for me that works much better.
Thanks. I鈥檒l look for that. I use PlugShare, but it would be so much easier if the Ford app actually made choosing possible.
Well, we can always hope it鈥檒l be part of an OTA update.

Premium Member
2021 Mustang Mach-E Star White RWD/ER Premium
Thanks. I鈥檒l look for that. I use PlugShare, but it would be so much easier if the Ford app actually made choosing possible.
Well, we can always hope it鈥檒l be part of an OTA update.
I did the same thing on my trip. I went on EA and entered the addresses of the stations along my route. I didn't need to use it because the Ford route mimicked the same locations

Premium Member
I tried using the trip planner in the car today and it took me on a major detour to at 60kw charger 馃檮

Thus: Does anyone know of a way to limit the chargers in the Ford trip planner to a specific network (for example ElectrifyAmerica), because the idea of the trip planner is great: Charge to 54% here, drive to the next and charge to 67% there, etc.

Just not so great when it takes you on a 100mile detour and to a slower charger.
That's the PITS! Thanks for the info.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
I did the same thing on my trip. I went on EA and entered the addresses of the stations along my route. I didn't need to use it because the Ford route mimicked the same locations
The problem was that Ford didn鈥檛 mimic the PlugShare route and took me way of course - as if the 1,700 mile drive wasn鈥檛 long enough 馃檮馃槀 So I鈥檒l keep using PlugShare. It works great for me.

Premium Member
The problem was that Ford didn鈥檛 mimic the PlugShare route and took me way of course - as if the 1,700 mile drive wasn鈥檛 long enough 馃檮馃槀 So I鈥檒l keep using PlugShare. It works great for me.
Keep us advised

1 - 7 of 7 Posts