·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
967 Posts
Didn’t cause as big a stock drop as I expected. I guess folks weren’t that surprised. There was even a bit of rally near the close.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Didn’t cause as big a stock drop as I expected. I guess folks weren’t that surprised. There was even a bit of rally near the close.
Most investors are being tolerant of the pandemic situation. These are not losses due to Ford’s general performance.
As a cost-reduction measure, Ford has pushed back its autonomous driving plans with VW to 2022, and cancelled its currect development of a Lincoln/Rivian EV, making the first Lincoln EV in-house instead. These actions, and others, will reduce the losses by hundreds of millions over the next two quarters.
Ford expects the next quarterly report (in July) to have a loss in the $5 billion range.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most investors are being tolerant of the pandemic situation. These are not losses due to Ford’s general performance.
As a cost-reduction measure, Ford has pushed back its autonomous driving plans with VW to 2022, and cancelled its currect development of a Lincoln/Rivian EV, making the first Lincoln EV in-house instead. These actions, and others, will reduce the losses by hundreds of millions over the next two quarters.
Ford expects the next quarterly report (in July) to have a loss in the $5 billion range.
I was really surprised to see them cancel the Lincoln/Rivian partnership. Maybe the circle back and do something else with them once things get back to normal.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
I was really surprised to see them cancel the Lincoln/Rivian partnership. Maybe the circle back and do something else with them once things get back to normal.
The partnership is not cancelled, just the Rivian-based Lincoln planned for 2022. It wasn’t far along enough in development, and would be a huge expense for both companies to proceed with it in this economic climate.
Ford still has a big financial stake in Rivian. Both companies said future projects together still on the table.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts