Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Where Ford loses to Tesla is with a dealership model that isn't streamlined.

As someone that sat through a few Tesla buying experiences with friends and family that bought Model 3's, Model S's and Model X's, this is one of the few things that need to change.

Going through the Mach-E reservation process is one clear example and there are many.

Tesla's model is what most people I speak to want.

ford dealership model

·
Registered
10 Posts
When I stepped into the Ford dealership to check on my reservation, I felt like I had walked back in time. The salesmen were hovering at the door waiting for anyone to look their way. Once we entered, three of them followed us around. All they cared about was getting my info to add to their database (and start spamming me with emails within a hour of the visit). The dealer itself felt old ... and low-end. We couldn't wait to get out of the dealership.

The Tesla dealership was the exact opposite. The salesmen didn't hover or ask for my info. They greeted us and invited us to sit in all of the cars, and reach out to them if we had questions. We spent over an hour playing around in the cars.

My biggest hope is the Mach-e is extremely reliable so I never have to go back to dealership after I pick up the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Eh ... I have to drive 6 hours to test drive a Tesla or get service. I used their "test drive a Tesla" form 2 weeks ago. Not a single contact from anyone about it.

Both have their drawbacks. I'm not spending 60k on a car sight unseen.

The biggest reason I'm going Mach-E over Tesla is I have 2 dealers in town I can deal directly with. Frankly they are both good too - so it's always YMMV with these things.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've never had a real problem with car dealers. For the last 6 cars we've bought going back to 2006 I've shopped the dealers' online inventories, contacted dealers thru their website, and usually had a price in hand before I showed up for a scheduled test drive with someone in their internet sales dept. Right now Tesla customers accept the wait for ordering a new vehicle because there isn't really anything remotely comparable on any dealer lots. That will change...

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've never had a real problem with car dealers. For the last 6 cars we've bought going back to 2006 I've shopped the dealers' online inventories, contacted dealers thru their website, and usually had a price in hand before I showed up for a scheduled test drive with someone in their internet sales dept. Right now Tesla customers accept the wait for ordering a new vehicle because there isn't really anything remotely comparable on any dealer lots. That will change...
On that point about Tesla, I bet as that change comes around so will Tesla stock.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dealers suck but I'm happy to use their greed to get myself the best deal. I will buy the car. I'm just looking for the guy who wants to sell it to me the most.

The one thing I really wish dealers would do is mobile service. My coworker has had Tesla come out to the office to do some work. My FIL is hundreds of miles from a SC and mobile service has worked on his car in the driveway. Dead simple and no time wasted taking the car to the shop. I want that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts