Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing rumors that dealers are telling people that the Ford Connected home wall chargers won't be available until April.

Has anyone seen/heard anything about this? Here's the example of the email that was sent out:

The all new Mustang Mach-E is almost here!

I know many of you have been inquiring about in-home charging stations and we are actively coming up with options and a process. The Ford in-home charging station will not be available until the end of April. We are in contact with another charging station vendor to be able to supply us with units for you. We are also contacting a few installers so we can offer you choices for that as well. Our plan is to give our customers the ability to finance, use your Ford credit card or pay cash for the charger and installation. It is also our plan to have multiple installers for you to choose from so that your schedule can always be met. We are working to have this plan in place and pricing available in the next couple weeks so you can make a decision on charging before your Mach-E arrives.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,950 Posts
I'm hearing rumors that dealers are telling people that the Ford Connected home wall chargers won't be available until April.

Has anyone seen/heard anything about this? Here's the example of the email that was sent out:

The all new Mustang Mach-E is almost here!

I know many of you have been inquiring about in-home charging stations and we are actively coming up with options and a process. The Ford in-home charging station will not be available until the end of April. We are in contact with another charging station vendor to be able to supply us with units for you. We are also contacting a few installers so we can offer you choices for that as well. Our plan is to give our customers the ability to finance, use your Ford credit card or pay cash for the charger and installation. It is also our plan to have multiple installers for you to choose from so that your schedule can always be met. We are working to have this plan in place and pricing available in the next couple weeks so you can make a decision on charging before your Mach-E arrives.
I was not planning on the Ford Charging station: the charger that comes with the MME, 32 amps. is sufficient for my use.

But those who were planning this is a SNAFU:

• Not available until April
  • We are looking for new vendors
  • We are looking for installers
Hope the rollout of the MME is not a repeat of the rollout of the Explorer in the fall of 2019

Ford better get their act together!

·
Registered
165 Posts
So just so I'm understanding correctly, Ford is going to deliver the cars with the cable in the car, but they are telling everyone sorry, we don't have a charger for your house until April? I can understand automakers dealing with battery shortages because everyone is scrambling to get batteries, but a home charger? And Ford has had how long to ensure home chargers are ready for owners? At least a year or two years to get these chargers ready? Who was sleeping over in Ford's supply chain department? Am I being unreasonable or does this seem to be the sort of detail you would expect to be ironed out for Ford's headlining EV launch?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
1,950 Posts
So just so I'm understanding correctly, Ford is going to deliver the cars with the cable in the car, but they are telling everyone sorry, we don't have a charger for your house until April? I can understand automakers dealing with battery shortages because everyone is scrambling to get batteries, but a home charger? And Ford has had how long to ensure home chargers are ready for owners? At least a year or two years to get these chargers ready? Who was sleeping over in Ford's supply chain department? Am I being unreasonable or does this seem to be the sort of detail you would expect to be ironed out for Ford's headlining EV launch?
I think the email refers to the extra cost 48 amp home charging station - the one that must be hardwired

The MME will come with a 120 volt 3 amp/240 volt 32 amp charger.

·
Registered
42 Posts
The Mach-E will come with a charger. It's just if you want the other one which is meant to permanently mount to the garage wall. That one may not be available until the spring. However, there are plenty on Amazon at a lower price.

·
Registered
452 Posts
The email that @ReturnOfTheMack reposted here was originally posted by Greg on the other Mach-E Forum. It's an email from his dealership salesperson to Greg and other customers of that dealer.

Anyway, this context is important... When the email says that "we are in contact with another charging station vendor," the "we" is not Ford, it's Greg's local dealership. Ford itself hasn't publicly announced alternatives, nor that the connected charger is officially delayed (as of yet).

I'm going to use the mobile charger that is included with the vehicle. Then when I've accumulated a bunch more FordPass Rewards points from vehicle purchase, I'll (probably?/possibly?) go ahead and get the connected charge station.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Just wanted to update this post that the Ford apparently found a new vendor for their chargers or managed to get their current charger supplier to increase production.

They just sent an email to dealers saying that they now DO have chargers BUT they have so few they are asking dealers not to order any for themselves yet and to make sure they all get to dealers:

"Fulfilment of Ford Connected Charge Station orders will begin in January 2021. It is anticipated that initial production will meet customer demand, but may not be sufficient to cover dealership inventory and facility orders on top of the retail sales. For this reason, initial fulfillment will be allocated to align with the retail delivery schedule of the Mach E and existing FordParts.com orders. It is highly recommended that dealerships fill retail customer demand only, and defer replacement of existing wall chargers in their facility until Q2 of 2021."

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was not planning on the Ford Charging station: the charger that comes with the MME, 32 amps. is sufficient for my use.

But those who were planning this is a SNAFU:

• Not available until April
  • We are looking for new vendors
  • We are looking for installers
Hope the rollout of the MME is not a repeat of the rollout of the Explorer in the fall of 2019

Ford better get their act together!

Just wanted to update this post that the Ford apparently found a new vendor for their chargers or managed to get their current charger supplier to increase production.

They just sent an email to dealers saying that they now DO have chargers BUT they have so few they are asking dealers not to order any for themselves yet and to make sure they all get to dealers:

"Fulfilment of Ford Connected Charge Station orders will begin in January 2021. It is anticipated that initial production will meet customer demand, but may not be sufficient to cover dealership inventory and facility orders on top of the retail sales. For this reason, initial fulfillment will be allocated to align with the retail delivery schedule of the Mach E and existing FordParts.com orders. It is highly recommended that dealerships fill retail customer demand only, and defer replacement of existing wall chargers in their facility until Q2 of 2021."
Won’t matter if you don’t have the car.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Or you can just buy a Juice Box 48, which can be hard wired to a 60 amp circuit, and save some money. Current price is $639 at Enexl website BUT it is temporarily out of stock. Ford connected charger at parts.ford.com is $998.75 but it says MSRP is $799 (??). It also says it does not ship until January.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As an alternative, any thoughts on MUSTART Level 2 Portable EV Charger (240 Volt, 25ft Cable, 40 Amp), Electric Vehicle Charger Plug-in EV Charging Station with NEMA 14-50P (Update Version) for $349?

·
Super Moderator
2,924 Posts
As an alternative, any thoughts on MUSTART Level 2 Portable EV Charger (240 Volt, 25ft Cable, 40 Amp), Electric Vehicle Charger Plug-in EV Charging Station with NEMA 14-50P (Update Version) for $349?
FYI:
The Ford Mustang Mach-E comes with a portable EV charger that can do both L1 (standard 110v) and L2 (14-50, 240v) by switching interchangeable adapters.

·
Registered
5 Posts
FYI:
The Ford Mustang Mach-E comes with a portable EV charger that can do both L1 (standard 110v) and L2 (14-50, 240v) by switching interchangeable adapters.
Thanks, but thinking it may be preferential to leave in the car so that we do not get caught away without a means to charge. Just looking at the least cost for convenience of leaving the home charger in place. Appreciate your input.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
What is special about the Ford connected charger? I mean there are plenty of other connected chargers available for purchase, no?

Check with your local utility for EV charger incentives. I got my Juicebox 40 for $250 after an instant rebate from my utility. MSRP for the Ford connected charger is $799. That's like the total cost of install for me after the tax credit.

·
Super Moderator
2,924 Posts
What is special about the Ford connected charger? I mean there are plenty of other connected chargers available for purchase, no?

Check with your local utility for EV charger incentives. I got my Juicebox 40 for $250 after an instant rebate from my utility. MSRP for the Ford connected charger is $799. That's like the total cost of install for me after the tax credit.
I don’t know what is unique about it, maybe its managed from inside the FordPass app?

It may just be a convenient option for those new to EV life, making the entire process a turn-key managed by the dealership.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts