Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm hearing rumors that dealers are telling people that the Ford Connected home wall chargers won't be available until April.

Has anyone seen/heard anything about this? Here's the example of the email that was sent out:

The all new Mustang Mach-E is almost here!

I know many of you have been inquiring about in-home charging stations and we are actively coming up with options and a process. The Ford in-home charging station will not be available until the end of April. We are in contact with another charging station vendor to be able to supply us with units for you. We are also contacting a few installers so we can offer you choices for that as well. Our plan is to give our customers the ability to finance, use your Ford credit card or pay cash for the charger and installation. It is also our plan to have multiple installers for you to choose from so that your schedule can always be met. We are working to have this plan in place and pricing available in the next couple weeks so you can make a decision on charging before your Mach-E arrives.

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts
I'm hearing rumors that dealers are telling people that the Ford Connected home wall chargers won't be available until April.

Has anyone seen/heard anything about this? Here's the example of the email that was sent out:

The all new Mustang Mach-E is almost here!

I know many of you have been inquiring about in-home charging stations and we are actively coming up with options and a process. The Ford in-home charging station will not be available until the end of April. We are in contact with another charging station vendor to be able to supply us with units for you. We are also contacting a few installers so we can offer you choices for that as well. Our plan is to give our customers the ability to finance, use your Ford credit card or pay cash for the charger and installation. It is also our plan to have multiple installers for you to choose from so that your schedule can always be met. We are working to have this plan in place and pricing available in the next couple weeks so you can make a decision on charging before your Mach-E arrives.
I was not planning on the Ford Charging station: the charger that comes with the MME, 32 amps. is sufficient for my use.

But those who were planning this is a SNAFU:

• Not available until April
  • We are looking for new vendors
  • We are looking for installers
Hope the rollout of the MME is not a repeat of the rollout of the Explorer in the fall of 2019

Ford better get their act together!

·
Registered
155 Posts
So just so I'm understanding correctly, Ford is going to deliver the cars with the cable in the car, but they are telling everyone sorry, we don't have a charger for your house until April? I can understand automakers dealing with battery shortages because everyone is scrambling to get batteries, but a home charger? And Ford has had how long to ensure home chargers are ready for owners? At least a year or two years to get these chargers ready? Who was sleeping over in Ford's supply chain department? Am I being unreasonable or does this seem to be the sort of detail you would expect to be ironed out for Ford's headlining EV launch?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
872 Posts
So just so I'm understanding correctly, Ford is going to deliver the cars with the cable in the car, but they are telling everyone sorry, we don't have a charger for your house until April? I can understand automakers dealing with battery shortages because everyone is scrambling to get batteries, but a home charger? And Ford has had how long to ensure home chargers are ready for owners? At least a year or two years to get these chargers ready? Who was sleeping over in Ford's supply chain department? Am I being unreasonable or does this seem to be the sort of detail you would expect to be ironed out for Ford's headlining EV launch?
I think the email refers to the extra cost 48 amp home charging station - the one that must be hardwired

The MME will come with a 120 volt 3 amp/240 volt 32 amp charger.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The Mach-E will come with a charger. It's just if you want the other one which is meant to permanently mount to the garage wall. That one may not be available until the spring. However, there are plenty on Amazon at a lower price.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The email that @ReturnOfTheMack reposted here was originally posted by Greg on the other Mach-E Forum. It's an email from his dealership salesperson to Greg and other customers of that dealer.

Anyway, this context is important... When the email says that "we are in contact with another charging station vendor," the "we" is not Ford, it's Greg's local dealership. Ford itself hasn't publicly announced alternatives, nor that the connected charger is officially delayed (as of yet).

I'm going to use the mobile charger that is included with the vehicle. Then when I've accumulated a bunch more FordPass Rewards points from vehicle purchase, I'll (probably?/possibly?) go ahead and get the connected charge station.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts