Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had our Ford connected charging station installed today.

but... cannot get it connected. Bluetooth setup will not connect. Retry, retry.....

there is no information in troubleshooting. To new for anything to be searchable thru google. Any ideas.

now we cannot charge our Mach-e

hard reset did not work.

·
Registered
215 Posts

but... cannot get it connected. Bluetooth setup will not connect. Retry, retry.....

there is no information in troubleshooting. To new for anything to be searchable thru google. Any ideas.

hard reset did not work.
I know nothing about it since I have a Juice Box, but did you use the Ford Connected Setup app? At the app store for iphone.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know nothing about it since I have a Juice Box, but did you use the Ford Connected Setup app? At the app store for iphone.
We did.
Get failed to connect enough that I give up for an hour. Than decide to try again.

·
Registered
238 Posts
That's crazy there is no 24/7 tech support number for a new product on which Ford says it is staking its future.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have one and had no problem connecting to the charging station through the Ford Charge Station Setup App.
Just to confirm, this is the one you are using right?

·
Registered
27 Posts

hard reset did not work.
My first few attempts were unsuccessful, too.

There are two things you need to check:

1. Disconnect any other bluetooth items connected to your phone
2. Turn your station off. Then power up your station, and at the same time, select the scan function on your phone's bluetooth.

Once I did that both devices "saw" each other and could be linked.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

2. Turn your station off. Then power up your station, and at the same time, select the scan function on your phone's bluetooth.

We'll try that.

While attempting and resetting the bluetooth, the phone was connected to the Mach-E, weiser door lock, airpods and my watch.

That very well could be it. Won't be till tonight.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Mine required a "reboot" to connect after my install was finished too. Connected immediately after that and handed over to FordPass app with no problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mine required a "reboot" to connect after my install was finished too. Connected immediately after that and handed over to FordPass app with no problem.
Still no luck.

We've cycled the breaker with no connection either.

Is there a reset button / reboot switch?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still no luck.

Had a few emails from my dealer this morning. I've cropped them to not show email address'.

Issue of Stop Sale and Issue of Stop of use.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Still no luck.

I just turned the breaker off/on. There is a reboot option via the app AFTER you connect by bluetooth. I would recommend you disconnect other bluetooth devices from your phone too. When I had my watch connected to my phone, it did not seem to want to pair up.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ford has just stopped selling them for now until they determine what is causing the fault on a few chargers. They are still OK to use if you have no fault.
Not true. I got a call from my dealership yesterday, they asked for the serial number because if it was in the “stop sale” range they were going to send me another one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts