Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just got our dealer allocation for our Mach e FCTP. Which will be available for customers to test drive.

It will be November production, which means we'll probably have it in December. I'm not sure if all the EV dealers will opt in to get one, there not free. There's a big expense to having it.

At least I'll get a chance to drive one. We used to get a chance to see one and climb in and out of it during training, but now it all going to be on zoom or web ex.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
994 Posts
Another story ripped from our pages. However, unlike some, this one does not cite his source.

Mustang Mach-E test drives begin in December

Dealers are ordering their demos now

Matthew Scott
By Matthew Scott
August 3, 2020

For any prospective buyers who want to drive Mustang Mach-E before they buy, it looks like we now know when that can happen.

According to the below screenshot, dealers are now putting in their order for their Ford Courtesy Transportation Program (FCTP) Mustang Mach-E, with shipping in late November and test drives starting in December.

All EV-certified Ford dealers can order one Mustang Mach-E in their July vehicle order, and can choose any model, color, and interior combination they want, just like a customer ordering online.

It’s great to see Ford prioritizing demo units and letting each EV-certified dealer order one. Having the Mustang Mach-E on dealer lots will allow reservation and order holders feel more secure in their decision after a test drive, and will allow more perspective buyers experience the electric pony.

·
Registered
994 Posts
New information from an inside source: These FCTP vehicles and company cars will be Job #1 starting in September. Customer units and dealer stock will follow as Job #2. The production start for customer units is still 26 October with first customer deliveries 23 November.

This also means that most dealers could have their FCTP units available for demos in October/November even before First Edition deliveries start. Of course, part of that depends on whether they ship them right out or hold them for a while before shipping in larger numbers.

·
Registered
994 Posts
This doesn't change my production guesstimate v4. However, it does push up FCTP delivery.

I'm a little sad my First Edition may be a month longer until delivery but quite happy they will get in at least 2,000 practice cars (demos) before mine is built!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
New information from an inside source: These FCTP vehicles and company cars will be Job #1 starting in September. Customer units and dealer stock will follow as Job #2. The production start for customer units is still 26 October with first customer deliveries 23 November.

This also means that most dealers could have their FCTP units available for demos in October/November even before First Edition deliveries start. Of course, part of that depends on whether they ship them right out or hold them for a while before shipping in larger numbers.
Do you think that this post is still correct, or will the FCTP units now likely arrive early December?

I know this question is sort of like, "Are we there yet?" from the back seat, but I figured it was worth asking. ;)

·
Registered
994 Posts
Do you think that this post is still correct, or will the FCTP units now likely arrive early December?

I know this question is sort of like, "Are we there yet?" from the back seat, but I figured it was worth asking. ;)
The answer really depends on if they move up the OKTB (OK to buy) date.

Apparently, they will hold vehicles in Cuautitlan until OKTB is issued. The reason: you don't want to find out something that needs to be changed after they've been shipped out. That results in a recall. OKTB was officially posted to be 23 November but that was when Job 1 (first production) was 26 October. Now it appears that Job 1, Mass Production 1 begins 25 September and they will spend the first month producing the FCTP (demo) units and getting the assembly line up to full speed. Mass Production 2 is now scheduled for 26 October for the First Editions. For details on my guesstimates for production, see

So, they will start shipping once OKTB is issued. With MP1 starting this week, Ford may move up OKTB. I personally hope they move it up a month. If they do, we're looking at cars in dealerships for Thanksgiving. However, that's pure speculation and maybe wishful thinking.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
The answer really depends on if they move up the OKTB (OK to buy) date.

Apparently, they will hold vehicles in Cuautitlan until OKTB is issued. The reason: you don't want to find out something that needs to be changed after they've been shipped out. That results in a recall. OKTB was officially posted to be 23 November but that was when Job 1 (first production) was 26 October. Now it appears that Job 1, Mass Production 1 begins 25 September and they will spend the first month producing the FCTP (demo) units and getting the assembly line up to full speed. Mass Production 2 is now scheduled for 26 October for the First Editions. For details on my guesstimates for production, see

So, they will start shipping once OKTB is issued. With MP1 starting this week, Ford may move up OKTB. I personally hope they move it up a month. If they do, we're looking at cars in dealerships for Thanksgiving. However, that's pure speculation and maybe wishful thinking.
Thanks for the complete answer. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
We just got our dealer allocation for our Mach e FCTP. Which will be available for customers to test drive.

It will be November production, which means we'll probably have it in December. I'm not sure if all the EV dealers will opt in to get one, there not free. There's a big expense to having it.

At least I'll get a chance to drive one. We used to get a chance to see one and climb in and out of it during training, but now it all going to be on zoom or web ex.
Interesting. I am glad that you are getting one.

When you say, "There's a big expense to having it.", can you give us some idea of the magnitude of that expense? I mean, do you just have to buy the car, or are there other major expenses?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts