Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like a lot of Ford dealers aren't up to speed yet on the Mach-E.

EV Bite reached out to some 15 Ford dealerships within a 200-mile radius to try and get information on the Mach-E and they didn't get a whole lot of luck.

To test my hypothesis we set out to call each and every Ford dealership within a 200-mile radius. With electric cars already a taboo subject and the Tesla Model Y electric crossover around the corner, these things won’t be selling themselves. Asking very straightforward questions regarding both the Mustang Mach E and general electric vehicle ownership, the results were baffling. My expectations were already low but some of the statements made were simply outrageous.

The calls took place three weeks after the unveiling giving Ford ample time to get their ducks in a row. Of the 15 dealerships called, a single sales rep was informed enough to actually hold a conversation. Each initial rep transferred us to someone who was “more informed”. In some cases, the “more informed” rep transferred us for a second time or even a third. It was transfer limbo until some poor, relatively uninformed, fella decided to take a crack at giving us the time of day. In other calls, the “more informed” staff member was not available and as such, they couldn’t even attempt to answer any of our questions.

The calls were met with what would be best described as an abundance of confusion and fear. Those who attempted to help, albeit tried their best, shared nothing of merit. Google seemed to be the go-to resource for answers to basic questions like “how do you charge an electric car?”. I can assure you, there would be no Googling if my same, moderately simple, questions were related to traditional vehicles. Due to what seemed like panicking, most of the Googled results were shared like a game of telephone. There was no “gotcha” intention, just introductory questions we assumed would be asked by anyone considering a shift to an electric vehicle household. How to charge, range, availability, the basics.

Absolutely nothing but misinformation was sold to me. You can’t charge a Mustang Mach E at home, they can use Tesla Superchargers, it doesn’t have enough range, a plug-in hybrid is better, ect ect. Nothing of importance because it’s all, simply put, wrong. According to one dealership, a Tesla is better than the Mach E but because Tesla’s start at $100,000, the Mach E is a better buy…
Here's the full video of the calls and it's pretty cringeworthy.

·
Registered
561 Posts
This is nuts, how has Ford not been training their employees to handle questions on the Mach-E like this. It's not like the callers were asking really complicated questions.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I challenge that blog poster to call up 50 different Apple stores and ask about the iPhone 12 that is coming out next year, and compare how much the employees there know about that as-yet-to-be-released product compared to the Ford employees. I also challenge to call 50 Tesla showrooms and ask the employees there about features of the Cybertruck, like does it have a back-up camera, etc. and then tally the responses.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts