Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted in another forum. Original post:

Just received email from Ford UK confirming delay till 2021. Hmm if only VW or Kia or Peugeot group could supply an ev with towbar, I,d jump ship in a second. Hate the look of model 3. Volvo and polestar just too expensive for me.

https://www.macheclub.com/site/attachments/ukemail-mache-delay-jpg.2555/

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Covid19 is bound to disrupt all transport associated with the U.S. in the current situation of uncontrolled spread.

Here's a copy of that delay email EU customers are getting.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Manpower issues at the plant due to COVID. Manpower issues with the trains due to COVID. Parts issues with the plant due to COVID. Parts issues with the suppliers due to COVID. Materials issues due to COVID.

This is going to be a slow process. At least it's moving forward albeit a bit slowly.

·
Super Moderator
1,822 Posts
Manpower issues at the plant due to COVID. Manpower issues with the trains due to COVID. Parts issues with the plant due to COVID. Parts issues with the suppliers due to COVID. Materials issues due to COVID.

This is going to be a slow process. At least it's moving forward albeit a bit slowly.
its a logistical nightmare. We are having similar issues at work. We are waiting for computer and telecommunications equipment which are, you guessed it, delayed because of COVID issues.

I did see some posts from around the interwebs where people are reporting their order build-dates are being moved up a week. Is this an indication that Ford may be shifting January manufacturing to State-side deliveries until they can get ships moving to EU again? Or are they just building the MMe faster than expected?
EDIT: scratch that, @Summerlin Bob just mentioned his order delayed 2-weeks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
its a logistical nightmare. We are having similar issues at work. We are waiting for computer and telecommunications equipment which are, you guessed it, delayed because of COVID issues.

I did see some posts from around the interwebs where people are reporting their order build-dates are being moved up a week. Is this an indication that Ford may be shifting January manufacturing to State-side deliveries until they can get ships moving to EU again? Or are they just building the MMe faster than expected?
EDIT: scratch that, @Summerlin Bob just mentioned his order delayed 2-weeks.
Same here, second push back now to Jan 4. For reference the Ford Bronco Sport has been shipping from Mexico in volume and continues ahead of schedule, so Mach e issue does not ring true as a shipping problem. Maybe parts, but not shipping. For me Sport was my back up if Mach e stumbled in production and that car is built and shipping. Sad, but it's not Covid - just a lot of new technology for Ford to push through.

·
Registered
2012 Ford Focus SEL Hatchback
98 Posts
I asked my dealer this week and it change from December 14 to 17. My guess was that it just change from week date to the real day of fabrication. Still no expected delivery date but that's not a concern for me for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts