Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
That's one dumb dealer, warranty work is a money maker for a shop. They get paid by Ford. The only possibility that it was not dumb is if they were not prepared with parts or training for a job. That could have been explained politely.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
This. I bought the car in May, when there wasn't a lot of inventory. One of the factors in our decision was the access to service. We found a car 40 miles away, and bought it. The closest dealership is four miles away and we intended to get it serviced there. I called to make a recall appointment and was told" Take it to where you bought it. We are only servicing our people." I love the car, but had known this BS, I probably wouldn't have bought it. Called Ford and they kept insisting that you can go to ANY Ford dealer, I explained that is clearly not true. I had to call the complaint line, but nothing will happen. The dealer model is garbage.
curious, is the dealer that refused you service a certified ford EV dealer, only 2100 ford dealer are ( I think 3k ford dealers in uS). Really odd that they'd turn down warranty work.

·
Registered
2021 FE Carbonized Gray
68 Posts
Ford isn't the one charging the markup. It's individual dealers. I'd say it's extremely shady for a dealer to do that on an ordered car That's just down to being a crappy dealer. They don't have control over what a dealer does, they're independent businessmen. For instance, when I ordered my car, it clearly listed on the online order a "dealer selling price" including a $5k markup. I immediately spoke with dealer GM and he agreed in writing to msrp and xplan. At this stage for your dealer to add ADM is just bad business.
Ford is not totally powerless in the ADM. They have tools they can use to strongly "encourage" dealers to not add ADM.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If Ford really wants to survive the EV market they need to start clamping down the msrp on ev orders. Tesla wins here and dealer model is killing then. If my dealer does this I am walking and not buying again. I will literally voice my displeasure over Twitter until FORD gets called out for it. I get it dealer model so different but you can’t competed like that on models you have to reserve and people wait for months and then have to pay markup price because dealer doesn’t care about you and will sell to anyone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
And you shouldn’t. If the car is at the dealer ready to be purchased for immediate delivery, it would be the dealer’s prerogative to sell it for less or more, and the markup is the cost of not having to wait for a long time, like in my case for over a year.
Where I have a problem is when you made the deal at the time of the purchase order, there is no markup, and after many months later when the car is close to delivery the dealer springs the ADM on you.
Been hearing dealers are adding price to reserved orders after wards on delivery too. Some dealers are just totally being shady so they pretty much want the original buyer to walk so they can put the car on lot it seems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If Ford really wants to survive the EV market they need to start clamping down the msrp on ev orders. Tesla wins here and dealer model is killing then. If my dealer does this I am walking and not buying again. I will literally voice my displeasure over Twitter until FORD gets called out for it. I get it dealer model so different but you can’t competed like that on models you have to reserve and people wait for months and then have to pay markup price because dealer doesn’t care about you and will sell to anyone.
Tesla literally did this to me too. I placed a deposit and asked the question at the time if they raised the price would they honor the price that I put the deposit down for, they said yes and then two months later they raised the price $8,500 on me and told me I had no choice but to pay it. Canceled my order for the Model-S, Tesla Roof and two Powerwalls.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Tesla literally did this to me too. I placed a deposit and asked the question at the time if they raised the price would they honor the price that I put the deposit down for, they said yes and then two months later they raised the price $8,500 on me and told me I had no choice but to pay it. Canceled my order for the Model-S, Tesla Roof and two Powerwalls.
i have never seen tesla msrp increase by that much though on a model. They won’t just increase price unless all msrp went up and nothing I have seen has gone up by 8500. Are you sure it didn’t have to do with auotpilot or they were quoting to tax credit that Tesla might have lost?

Now that I read it. I am just speaking of cars here though so your situation seems little different not just unique to a car. Tesla just hasn’t raised MSRP by 8500 other that autopilot that took a big jump I think a while back. May be there was a 1000 msrp increase on some models. But that’s across the entire line.

this is a totally different scenario so not apples to apples.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have never seen tesla msrp increase by that much though on a model. They won’t just increase price unless all msrp went up and nothing I have seen has gone up by 8500. Are you sure it didn’t have to do with auotpilot or they were quoting to tax credit that Tesla might have lost?
They raised the price the Model-S this past February by $10,500 and since I put a deposit down they “were giving me a deal” by only raising the price $8,500.

·
Registered
45 Posts
They raised the price the Model-S this past February by $10,500 and since I put a deposit down they “were giving me a deal” by only raising the price $8,500.
that was across entire line up. Like I said it’s not specific use case like dealer marking up after your order is shipped so not apples to apples. It’s rare with Tesla.

·
Registered
52 Posts
that was across entire line up. Like I said it’s not specific use case like dealer marking up after your order is shipped so not apples to apples. It’s rare with Tesla.
I asked the question at the time I signed the contract. Then they told me they wouldn’t deliver a car unless I paid their new rate. I canceled and went with Ford. I am $9,500 back from the government which I wouldn’t have qualified for with Tesla.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I asked the question at the time I signed the contract. Then they told me they wouldn’t deliver a car unless I paid their new rate. I canceled and went with Ford. I am $9,500 back from the government which I wouldn’t have qualified for with Tesla.
I get your frustration but there were major changes to model as done for the price increase so it’s not the same situation. I am not here to beat the drum for ford or Tesla. Dealers upping the price after you have reserved it when that is no msrp increase and you still getting the fricking 2021 model is no go lol.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And, it was the refresh Model S with major changes and upgrades.
A stupid yoke steering wheel and a couple of changes to some screens? Wouldn’t call them “major changes”. They didn’t even bother to redesign the body of the car, it still looks like it’s original design from 10 years ago. They tweaked the nose of the car a little bit a few years ago.

·
Registered
45 Posts
A stupid yoke steering wheel and a couple of changes to some screens? Wouldn’t call them “major changes”. They didn’t even bother to redesign the body of the car, it still looks like it’s original design from 10 years ago. They tweaked the nose of the car a little bit a few years ago.
i get it dude but you are comparing two separate things. We are in different boat. 2021 model waiting 6 months to get is and some dealers raise price afterwards.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i get it dude but you are comparing two separate things. We are in different boat. 2021 model waiting 6 months to get is and some dealers raise price afterwards.
Not really...just because Tesla as a whole changes the MRSP doesn't make it different than your dealer changing your price last minute. Either way it is some real BS and shouldn't happen if you have an order placed. Tesla is no better than traditional dealers in this regard which is upsetting. Especially when it is the same car as the day before but suddenly costs $2,000 more. Or $2,000 less. Why is that happening? Who knows. But it is BS. Not like the car you're getting has changed at all.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Not really...just because Tesla as a whole changes the MRSP doesn't make it different than your dealer changing your price last minute. Either way it is some real BS and shouldn't happen if you have an order placed. Tesla is no better than traditional dealers in this regard which is upsetting. Especially when it is the same car as the day before but suddenly costs $2,000 more. Or $2,000 less. Why is that happening? Who knows. But it is BS. Not like the car you're getting has changed at all.
You are comparing apples or oranges. I don’t wanna sit here and argue. It’s rare with Tesla when new model comes around. We are talking same model, reserved and dealer changing price after the fact. Two separate things. I get your frustration but It’s not the same scenario.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
to prevent any drama when your car arrives ask for msrp and xplan in wirting. My dealer was charging $5k adm. I noted this upon ordering spoke with the GM at the dealership and he agreed to xplan and msrp in writing. TO simply order a car and wait until it arrives to see if the dealer is going to charge adm is kind of crazy, leads to a lot of unnecessary angst.

·
Registered
45 Posts
to prevent any drama when your car arrives ask for msrp and xplan in wirting. My dealer was charging $5k adm. I noted this upon ordering spoke with the GM at the dealership and he agreed to xplan and msrp in writing. TO simply order a car and wait until it arrives to see if the dealer is going to charge adm is kind of crazy, leads to a lot of unnecessary angst.
Little confused you said to ask for it when your car arrives isn’t that after order/delivery anyways and then you mentioned not to until it arrives to see if dealer is going to charge?
My dealer had me come in and sign off on the order and the price at the dealership before accepting the order. Ford might have changed the process recently I think. I did my order in September so it was kinda odd I had to go in. May be that’s why they called me in and had me sign off on the order and pricing and confirm the order then accepted it. It might have been the price I got since there is no dealer difference on the site. I was thinking why it was odd I had to go in to sign off on the order may be that’s why. So the pricing is signed off upfront between me and dealership.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts