Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Little confused you said to ask for it when your car arrives isn’t that after order/delivery anyways and then you mentioned not to until it arrives to see if dealer is going to charge?
My dealer had me come in and sign off on the order and the price at the dealership before accepting the order. Ford might have changed the process recently I think. I did my order in September so it was kinda odd I had to go in. May be that’s why they called me in and had me sign off on the order and pricing and confirm the order then accepted it. It might have been the price I got since there is no dealer difference on the site. I was thinking why it was odd I had to go in to sign off on the order may be that’s why. So the pricing is signed off upfront between me and dealership.
Could've worded that better, I should have written, "at the time of ordering your car, get msrp and xplan guarantee in writing from the dealership. This prevents and last minute drama when the car arrives months later". As you pointed out that's why I said in the rest of the post.

I'm a bit confused tho, you say you and the dealer signed off on price at time of order, if that's the case, why do you think the dealer might tack on ADM at time of delivery? The pricing on my online summary clearly showed the $5k ADM markup, which is why I got the written confirm from the GM at time of order. for msrp xplan

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe you are locked into the price you reserved it for. If the dealership is going to pull something I'd request to change where the car is delivered. That'd really piss off that crappy dealer because they'd lose out on a sale altogether. They are trying to get you to forfeit your Mach-E so they can turn around and sell it at a jacked up price.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You are comparing apples or oranges. I don’t wanna sit here and argue. It’s rare with Tesla when new model comes around. We are talking same model, reserved and dealer changing price after the fact. Two separate things. I get your frustration but It’s not the same scenario.
Rare??? I guess you don't pay attention to the news or Tesla prices... They literally change without warning or announcement. Same model, same year, same everything, different price.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rare??? I guess you don't pay attention to the news or Tesla prices... They literally change without warning or announcement. Same model, same year, same everything, different price.

i am literally done arguing about this. This was about price being raised and dealer adding markup to msrp. Not ford raising msrp. Got blown outta water. So do whatever you like with it.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Rare??? I guess you don't pay attention to the news or Tesla prices... They literally change without warning or announcement. Same model, same year, same everything, different price...
Except in the case of a major refresh like what happened to the Model S, once ordered, the price is fixed as long as you don't make any changes in configuration.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I started this thread because the dealer would not honor the MSRP with the reservation made in September of 2020, nor at the time of switching the reservation to an order on March of 2021, added a $3,500 ADM, and threatened with cancelling my order altogether when I complained.
Good news is that FORD has leverage with the dealers as they interceded on my behalf and the ADM went away. I requested and got from the dealer a final invoice from the dealer showing the MSRP plus all the normal charges you expect to pay when buying a new car which amounted to the drive-out price. Expecting to get delivery within the next two weeks. Will post the final outcome along w/pictures once I have the GT on my driveway.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I started this thread because the dealer would not honor the MSRP with the reservation made in September of 2020, nor at the time of switching the reservation to an order on March of 2021, added a $3,500 ADM, and threatened with cancelling my order altogether when I complained.
Good news is that FORD has leverage with the dealers as they interceded on my behalf and the ADM went away. I requested and got from the dealer a final invoice from the dealer showing the MSRP plus all the normal charges you expect to pay when buying a new car which amounted to the drive-out price. Expecting to get delivery within the next two weeks. Will post the final outcome along w/pictures once I have the GT on my driveway.
So for the moment you are sticking with Ford?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I never went away. The principle of "Never be attached to the outcome" rules in my world. It doesn't mean that I won't try everything possible to affect it. It only means that if the desired outcome isn't reached I wouldn't be crushed because I wasn't attached to it to begin with. I do like the car. Even if the model Y performance was cheaper than the GT I still like the FORD better.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ROFL ford is showing some inventory for 2021 models now. I checked fords side and then click the linked to this dealer almost thought may be I shoudl go check it out. Hell no 15.5K mark up. WOW!!! I am wondering are some dealers just finding ways to push buyers who reserved cars away so they can do this or I am thinking they all of sudden might have gotten canceled order because buyers moved to 2022 model may be and dealers took delivery of 2021 models and marked them the hell up rofl, I think the second one is likely or we would be hearing lot more pissed off buyers. But that is one epic mark up.

https://www.lafontaineford.com/inventory/3FMTK4SE1MME01692/?fmccmp=t1-si;&fdguid=SH-FDAF-e9b6511e-5880-e3e8-9c2a-4553059ce2d9

·
Premium Member
2021 Star White RWD/ER Premium
2,711 Posts
ROFL ford is showing some inventory for 2021 models now. I checked fords side and then click the linked to this dealer almost thought may be I shoudl go check it out. Hell no 15.5K mark up. WOW!!! I am wondering are some dealers just finding ways to push buyers who reserved cars away so they can do this or I am thinking they all of sudden might have gotten canceled order because buyers moved to 2022 model may be and dealers took delivery of 2021 models and marked them the hell up rofl, I think the second one is likely or we would be hearing lot more pissed off buyers. But that is one epic mark up.

https://www.lafontaineford.com/inventory/3FMTK4SE1MME01692/?fmccmp=t1-si;&fdguid=SH-FDAF-e9b6511e-5880-e3e8-9c2a-4553059ce2d9
Someone once wrote "a fool and his money are soon parted". Take the 15K and buy Ford stock. As a kid I had relatives in Flushing, I can't help but wonder if the steel plates covering the potholes on Northern Blvd are still there. 🤣

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have never seen tesla msrp increase by that much though on a model. They won’t just increase price unless all msrp went up and nothing I have seen has gone up by 8500.
The Model 3 MSRP has been raised by $8,000 since February, the base model 3 is now $47,000. Last December when I was at their showroom the Model 3 was $36,500

·
Registered
45 Posts
The Model 3 MSRP has been raised by $8,000 since February, the base model 3 is now $47,000. Last December when I was at their showroom the Model 3 was $36,500
I did say Msrp!!! I keep saying it and you don’t understand. I remove myself from conversation thank you. Speaking of different situations. Good luck.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E GT Performance
5 Posts
The Car Dealership Model Must Die. Bought My MMEGTP directly from a dealer without placing an order, I just got lucky to find a local dealer with a canceled order. They wanted $15k over sticker, but settled for $2k over. I totally understand the dealer marking that car up, but I would be seriously unhappy if they tried to mark up a preordered car. I hated every bit of the buying experience and the 6 hours spent at the dealership. They didn't know anything about the car or the MM finance options. I had to tell the guy to just stop talking because I knew so much more the car than he did.
My advice is research and shop for a dealer and financing as carefully as you researched the car. Also Dealers will try to sell you so many garbage maintenance, gap insurance and paint coating deals etc, just say NO to all options! A Car dealers job is to separate you from you money and they have many different ways to do that. Again, just say NO!
Use your warranty for the first 3 years and at that point if you decide if you need some type of maintenance insurance, it will be even cheaper later. I think you will find that EVs are very reliable and will not require much maintenance at all.

·
Registered
330 Posts
The Car Dealership Model Must Die...
I agree, but they are protected by 50 state laws, one of the most powerful lobbies in the country, and very solid franchise contracts. Startups, who never had franchise agreements are the only hope and they are still being blocked by many state laws. For example, you can't buy a Tesla in Texas even though they are building a giant factory in Austin. Permission to sell has never made it past a legislative committee in a legislature that meets once every two years, next session 2023.

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E GT Performance
5 Posts
I agree, but they are protected by 50 state laws, one of the most powerful lobbies in the country, and very solid franchise contracts. Startups, who never had franchise agreements are the only hope and they are still being blocked by many state laws. For example, you can't buy a Tesla in Texas even though they are building a giant factory in Austin. Permission to sell has never made it past a legislative committee in a legislature that meets once every two years, next session 2023.
I did not know that thanks! I like Ford the company just fine even though I'm not a big brand loyalty guy. I love love love the GTPE so far, but the Ford dealership experience was a real turn off. I have bought several cars from Carmax over the years (almost bought a model Y but hated that it didn't have android auto and a driver display) and to me that is the car buying model that works. The Ford dealership experience can be summed up in one word--sleazy!

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
If Ford really wants to survive the EV market they need to start clamping down the msrp on ev orders. Tesla wins here and dealer model is killing then. If my dealer does this I am walking and not buying again. I will literally voice my displeasure over Twitter until FORD gets called out for it. I get it dealer model so different but you can’t competed like that on models you have to reserve and people wait for months and then have to pay markup price because dealer doesn’t care about you and will sell to anyone.
Ford’s hands are tied because of Federal trade and State franchise laws. Its not that Ford doesn’t want to sell directly to you or control sale price, its that it legally cannot.

Unlike if you buy a TV directly from Samsung at MSRP (trade laws prevent Samsung from selling it lower unless the same discount is made available to all its resellers, protecting the retailers), with automobiles, many States added laws forbidding direct vehicle sales. Which is why Tesla cars built in Texas have to be purchased from anywhere but Texas.

Some States have given Tesla an unfair advantage here, by allowing special exemption for Tesla to bypass these laws. States like NJ already said they are not extending this exception to other manufacturers like Rivian, etc. which will be litigated in court. This can go ugly, by legislators removing Teslas exemption instead of expanding it to other companies.

Personally, i think they should remove the direct sales restrictions, allowing MSRP direct sales. Then dealers can compete via discounts or other benefits for business.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts