Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ford Motor Co. said on Monday it expects to post a pretax loss of about $600 million for the first quarter as the coronavirus pandemic pummeled its operations, resulting in a 21 percent drop in vehicle sales to dealers versus the same quarter in 2019.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ford and GM have enough cash to make it to July. Then it's game over without a change in economic conditions or a cash infusion. This is bad.

·
Super Moderator
1,224 Posts
Ford had $22b free cash and 35b liquid assets entering the year. Ford is a little more financially durable than people think. So while painful, stating Game Over is a bit of a reach.

That said, no company wants to take sustained losses. And Q2 loss is expected to be worse (especially in the US sales).
It will be 3 to 4 weeks before the start of any meaningful business openings. And even longer for people coming off unemployment to be in the position of making discretionary purchases. So It will be a while before the auto industry sales gain momentum.
What my extended family has done during every recession (depending on employment) is to keep a sustained input into the economy (within our means) to help get the country back on its feet.
So as part of that effort, most likely I will proceed with my purchase of the MMe (if i’m still employed and the car lives up to my expectations), even though I don’t necessarily need a new car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts