Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like Ford's production shutdown includes Canada and Mexico too.

So needless to say there's going to be a noticeable delay in Mach-E production.
  • Production at Ford’s U.S., Canadian and Mexican manufacturing facilities will be halted after Thursday evening’s shifts to March 30 to thoroughly clean and sanitize the company’s plants
  • UAW and Ford leaders will work together on how to best structure plant restart plans – along with health and safety procedures aimed at helping keep the workforce safe
  • Ford is taking additional production-related actions as the American government restricts travel and personal contact, affecting vehicle sales and component suppliers throughout the country. Pandemic conditions, national restrictions, supplier constraints and dealer stock requirements will be continually re-evaluated

·
Registered
57 Posts
why do they need to clean and sanitize plants when they believe the virus can only last on a surface 2-3 days? shutting down for one week accomplishes that.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think this is just the start. They won't re-open after the week. They'll stay closed for a few more I bet. At least until things get back to normal.

·
Registered
93 Posts
It looks like Ford's production shutdown includes Canada and Mexico too.

So needless to say there's going to be a noticeable delay in Mach-E production.
  • Production at Ford’s U.S., Canadian and Mexican manufacturing facilities will be halted after Thursday evening’s shifts to March 30 to thoroughly clean and sanitize the company’s plants
  • UAW and Ford leaders will work together on how to best structure plant restart plans – along with health and safety procedures aimed at helping keep the workforce safe
  • Ford is taking additional production-related actions as the American government restricts travel and personal contact, affecting vehicle sales and component suppliers throughout the country. Pandemic conditions, national restrictions, supplier constraints and dealer stock requirements will be continually re-evaluated
Ford is not currently making cars at the Mexican plant that will make the MME. They stopped Fiesta production there in August 2019. They are currently retooling it for the MME and I would think that they must have most of the retooling done and would be in a testing mode if they are to start production this summer. I would hope they can keep the retooling and startup going as there should be less people involved. Please Ford do your best to keep on your timetable!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts