Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Leaf, 2021 Mustang Mach-E First Edition reserved
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ford Motor Company (@Ford) Tweeted:
Last year, reservations for the #MustangMachE First Edition went fast. Too fast, according to fans. So we’re building more, and dropping them over the next week, in limited quantities, with partners like @idriselba, @uncrate and @Spotify. First drop tomorrow. #MachDrop https://t.co/prKlBtZEpu

·
Registered
2021 Premium Star White Metallic Mustang Mach-E
10 Posts
I just posted in that thread: What about people who don't have twitter or don't have time to sit and wait? How will this be communicated to non-social media reservations holders; through email? Because I haven't received anything yet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Boy I'd really like to switch my premium order thats already converted to a first edition...

This is kind of a kick in the dick since I didnt get a chance to get an FE.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
127 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Premium Star White Metallic Mustang Mach-E
10 Posts
I just called for Ford marketing. It was news to them. They pulled the tweet up while I was on the phone and were as surprised as we are. They called the supervisor who also knew nothing. So I guess we’ll just have to wait until tomorrow and hope we get emails.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just called for Ford marketing. It was news to them. They pulled the tweet up while I was on the phone and were as surprised as we are. They called the supervisor who also knew nothing. So I guess we’ll just have to wait until tomorrow and hope we get emails.
HAHAHAHA. Good to know Ford Marketing is as clueless as me, a certified dealership employee, about my own order for my Mustang Mach E.

This is hilarious to me because i've been forced to refer customers/people wanting more information to Ford Marketings number.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Boy I'd really like to switch my premium order thats already converted to a first edition...

This is kind of a kick in the dick since I didnt get a chance to get an FE.
You may be able to switch. Reach out to your dealer.

·
Super Moderator
1,237 Posts
Or a sign of higher production output. Glass half-full.
Maybe something like this? I think they are planning to make, say 1500 units, and gave every opportunity for FE reservation holders to convert. If 1400 converted, the remaining 100 FE units from non-conversion will be made public for sale. Yes? No? Who cares?

·
Registered
Reserved First Edition Rapid Red Metallic
746 Posts
I think it is bad either way:

• Reservations were not converted and there are left overs
  • Demand is so great they are producing more thereby diminishing the exclusivity of the First Edition
Personally I think it is the former, reservations not converted.

·
Registered
2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
127 Posts
Regardless of whether you get a First Edition, a Premium or a Select, this is a historic moment. The first Ford electric car this century could well become iconic. I can envision something similar to the kids asking their grandfather, "Did you own a Model T, Grandpa?" To which I'll reply: "Yep. I had a Mach E. Back then you could only go 300 miles on a charge, and you had to drive to special charging stations because there was no induction charging in the highways."

·
Registered
746 Posts
From your mouth to God's ears!

This is what I originally thought when I placed my order for the First Edition.

Then reality set in:

• What is the first Tesla Model S worth?
  • What is the first BMW I8 worth
  • What is the first Chevy Bolt Worth
  • What is the first Jaguar IPace worth
  • What is the first Audi ETron worth
None of these cars have or will become classics. I think the same fate for the First Edition.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz B250e
26 Posts
The first Ford electric car this century could well become iconic.
It´s not Ford´s first electric car. This was the Focus Electric, sold from 2012 to 2018 for ~30.000 US$ :ROFLMAO:
Maybe the (first) Tesla Roadster will become iconic in the future.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz B250e
26 Posts
Thats true Modulor, how many Focus electrics do you see on the road? Little scary!
According to Wikipedia roughly 10.000 units where old in the US. Europe? I cant´say, there are no statistics. But definitetely less than 10.000. Germany´s biggest online portal for used cars, mobile.de (owned by eBay) actually shows 14 Focus Electric - but 85 Opel Ampera-e (Chevrolet Bolt), 45 MB B250e, 75 Model 3, 950 Audi e-Tron 50/55 and even 5 Tesla Roadster 2.5. Ford never advertised the Focus Electric here in germany.
The Mustang Mach-E actually is more present in german forums than the Focus Electric ever was. My Ford Dealer told me that he has 6 reservations for the Mach-E, my reservation included. It´s a rural area at the northwest coast of germany with roughly 500.000 residents

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don’t know.... Tesla model 3 sold out for 2 years as soon as they announced it. In the mean time Ford has to “drop” Mach E First Editions to sell more!!?? Don’t get me wrong, I love my Mach E and there is no way in hell I will cancel my order but I think it will not sell as well as Tesla unless Ford does something more to attract more consumers. Maybe it will be all of us as a first wave that will create higher demand once others see us driving on the streets.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I don’t know.... Tesla model 3 sold out for 2 years as soon as they announced it. In the mean time Ford has to “drop” Mach E First Editions to sell more!!?? Don’t get me wrong, I love my Mach E and there is no way in hell I will cancel my order but I think it will not sell as well as Tesla unless Ford does something more to attract more consumers. Maybe it will be all of us as a first wave that will create higher demand once others see us driving on the streets.
I too love what I have read about the MachE.

Let's hope the actual product meets our expectations!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Word is the First Edition drop is a marketing thing that was set up in advance with an external vendor. Seems to be more of a buzz generator than a "need".

1 - 20 of 163 Posts