Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner

Ford is opening up some more First Edition Mach-E orders

16K views 172 replies 30 participants last post by  Summerlin Bob 
#1 ·
Ford Motor Company (@Ford) Tweeted:
Last year, reservations for the #MustangMachE First Edition went fast. Too fast, according to fans. So we’re building more, and dropping them over the next week, in limited quantities, with partners like @idriselba, @uncrate and @Spotify. First drop tomorrow. #MachDrop https://t.co/prKlBtZEpu

#13 ·
Regardless of whether you get a First Edition, a Premium or a Select, this is a historic moment. The first Ford electric car this century could well become iconic. I can envision something similar to the kids asking their grandfather, "Did you own a Model T, Grandpa?" To which I'll reply: "Yep. I had a Mach E. Back then you could only go 300 miles on a charge, and you had to drive to special charging stations because there was no induction charging in the highways."

#14 ·
From your mouth to God's ears!

This is what I originally thought when I placed my order for the First Edition.

Then reality set in:

• What is the first Tesla Model S worth?
  • What is the first BMW I8 worth
  • What is the first Chevy Bolt Worth
  • What is the first Jaguar IPace worth
  • What is the first Audi ETron worth
None of these cars have or will become classics. I think the same fate for the First Edition.

#17 · (Edited)
According to Wikipedia roughly 10.000 units where old in the US. Europe? I cant´say, there are no statistics. But definitetely less than 10.000. Germany´s biggest online portal for used cars, mobile.de (owned by eBay) actually shows 14 Focus Electric - but 85 Opel Ampera-e (Chevrolet Bolt), 45 MB B250e, 75 Model 3, 950 Audi e-Tron 50/55 and even 5 Tesla Roadster 2.5. Ford never advertised the Focus Electric here in germany.
The Mustang Mach-E actually is more present in german forums than the Focus Electric ever was. My Ford Dealer told me that he has 6 reservations for the Mach-E, my reservation included. It´s a rural area at the northwest coast of germany with roughly 500.000 residents

#18 ·
I don’t know.... Tesla model 3 sold out for 2 years as soon as they announced it. In the mean time Ford has to “drop” Mach E First Editions to sell more!!?? Don’t get me wrong, I love my Mach E and there is no way in hell I will cancel my order but I think it will not sell as well as Tesla unless Ford does something more to attract more consumers. Maybe it will be all of us as a first wave that will create higher demand once others see us driving on the streets.

#25 ·
On another forum, someone with a friend in the plant responded that there were more FE parts than the reservations they had for builds and they want to use all of the parts up. So that opened the window for a limited amount of additional First Editions. I am also guessing that some never converted to order by the deadline, which also opened up some other additional orders.

#27 ·
From the post "look at for more drops to come this week" it would seem that the availability is the result of reservations not being converted, hence the term "drops" as in "dropped the reservation."

This is of course the classic good news - bad news:

• Good news for those who were shut out first time around
  • Bad news for Ford as they are not seeing the sales follow through they expected
I believe in other posts, people are now able to reserve a MachE for delivery in 2021. That would mean there is availability.

Hopefully there are a sufficient number to take the First Editions available.

We will know shortly: if on dealers showroom there appears First Editions for sale, then we know that Ford was unable to sell out the First Edition. Couple that with customers today being able to reserve MachE for delivery in 2021, this is not going to be like Tesla Model Y that still has a 3 to 5 week wait.

#30 ·
That Instragram post is interesting since I just checked Ford pre-order and you can't order an FE... I sent an email to my local Ford pre-order manager asking to be moved to a blue FE from Premium. We'll see what happens.
Hi @Maric - you have to call Ford directly at 844-802-6634 and ask to get the FE.
If you have converted to an order, let them know and follow their direction.

#32 ·
I couldn't agree more. While I understand that it is a "completely new vehicle" the sales and purchase process shouldn't be this convoluted or obscure. Where are the "monthly updates" if the dealers are communicating with Dearborn then that information isn't being passed on, which for me is a rather frustrating experience.

#42 ·
Ugh-Ford! It is your dealer network that is going to kill this car. I called the Ford marketing number to see if I could convert my premium order to an F.E. TWICE and they couldn’t get me reliable info. I have a reservation number in the 10000 range which is on the low side, but I reserved a premium extended range 2WD. When I wanted to convert me resy to an order in June, I wanted to change it to 4WD and my dealer said I’d lose me reservation so I didn’t change then. So today when the FE’s came back up I tried converting what is now an order to the FE to get the 4WD. The Ford marketing people on the first call said call your dealer. The dealer was like “Ugh what’s that now-how about an F150?” I called Ford marketing a second time and the woman there was great and offered to call my dealer to convert it to an FE. Still no word from the dealer. I really want the car in 2020. It shouldn’t be this hard. For all the BS that is Tesla, they have a much more streamlined purchase process.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.