Mach-E Forum | Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum and News banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently i got a message from my Ford Pass app that my 2021 MME Premium was unable to charge over night and an error code! I didn’t think it was a big deal. Unplugged and plugged it back in! App didn’t give me a Charging choice. Went to the 220 outlet that my Ford Mobile charger, that came with the MME as standard equipment, and indicator light on the box that is attached to the charger cable was red rather than blue. The mobile charger wasn’t working. I called 3 local Ford dealers and several Ford corporate numbers and didn’t get anywhere. They either didn’t know what I was talking about, if they did they didn’t carry it, they didn’t even know the part number. The parts Dept said they couldn’t order it without a service Dept ticket and they would need have to see MME and get Corp approval to order the part since it was under my warranty coverage. After 3-days I found a Corp rep that helped. What was shocking to me and several Ford employees was that every dealers parts Dept should have the standard mobile charger in stock because it is “Standard” equipment like oil and tires. What I suggest is purchase a backup’s after market mobile charger. Fords cost $500 an after market is $200. I was mad and speechless FORD LET ME DOWN!!!!!

·
Registered
2022 Mach-E Premium AWD ER
196 Posts
Ford Mobile Charger came with your car, it didn't cost anything.

It has the same 3 year / 36,000 mile warranty as the car.

Most dealerships don't stock parts, this isn't a cheap one, so you won't find it in stock.

Ford's Mobile Charger is UL listed. It does have reliability issues, yes. But you won't find a UL listed charger for $200, or even close to it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Make sure the 220 line adaptor is "seated" properly.....if not pushed in all the way, you will get a red light....sometimes it takes an effort to push all the way.....check it might be an easy solution

·
Registered
2021 Mach-E Select AWD | Iconic Silver
177 Posts
Recently i got a message from my Ford Pass app that my 2021 MME Premium was unable to charge over night and an error code! I didn’t think it was a big deal. Unplugged and plugged it back in! App didn’t give me a Charging choice. Went to the 220 outlet that my Ford Mobile charger, that came with the MME as standard equipment, and indicator light on the box that is attached to the charger cable was red rather than blue. The mobile charger wasn’t working. I called 3 local Ford dealers and several Ford corporate numbers and didn’t get anywhere. They either didn’t know what I was talking about, if they did they didn’t carry it, they didn’t even know the part number. The parts Dept said they couldn’t order it without a service Dept ticket and they would need have to see MME and get Corp approval to order the part since it was under my warranty coverage. After 3-days I found a Corp rep that helped. What was shocking to me and several Ford employees was that every dealers parts Dept should have the standard mobile charger in stock because it is “Standard” equipment like oil and tires. What I suggest is purchase a backup’s after market mobile charger. Fords cost $500 an after market is $200. I was mad and speechless FORD LET ME DOWN!!!!!
Glad to hear you car is fine. Posts with titles like this tend to have far more dramatic problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts