Ford Mach E Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have thoughts on what the Mach E's 0-60 would or could be?

EVs are usually crazy fast to 60 and if this is really going to be Mustang inspired, I figure it should be performance focused for sure.

Even the base EcoBoost Mustang makes 310-hp and will go 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. The new Shelby GT500 0-60 time is just 3.3 seconds... which is crazy for something that's rear-wheel drive.

I figure it's probably closer to the Mustang GT 0-60 time, which is about 4.0 seconds with 460 hp, 420 lb-ft of torque.

Any guesses, or estimates?

·
Registered
4 Posts
A "Ford engineer" on reddit claimed that the top level trim would do 0-60 in less than 3.5s. If correct, I imagine the spec sheets will an exact copy of the model Y with range costing performance and vice-versa.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? 0-60 in less than 3.5 would be amazing. There's NO WAY it can cost $40k for that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Agreed. The performance version of the Model Y is $61k doing 3.5s 0-60 and expect the top level Mach E trim to be near $55k. I think the $40k version will not be 3.5s and more likely around 5.5s 0-60. Ford feel free to prove me wrong!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Agreed. The performance version of the Model Y is $61k doing 3.5s 0-60 and expect the top level Mach E trim to be near $55k. I think the $40k version will not be 3.5s and more likely around 5.5s 0-60. Ford feel free to prove me wrong!
That makes the most sense to me, there's going to be a lot of similarities between the Mach E and the Model Y. It would be a complete game changer if Ford sold a $40,000 EV that went 0-60 in 3.5 seconds but that's just wishful thinking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That makes the most sense to me, there's going to be a lot of similarities between the Mach E and the Model Y. It would be a complete game changer if Ford sold a $40,000 EV that went 0-60 in 3.5 seconds but that's just wishful thinking.
Unless Ford (and others) decide to run money-losing tesla out of business. Ford is large enough to do just that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts